ES Recruitment Drive
Hah, cool watermark.

It's overall an excellent piece, but a few things i'd change, are the white 'hair', (Or whatever fur it is, i don't really know what to call it.), and the grey part. As Leonardo said, it lacks a bit in depth, to me it looks like that light hair part lacks it mostly.

Grey area has that nice shapes and layer'ish look aswell, but it looks boring compared to those nice details on the mask. Wich is of course understandable, as front is the most important part and almost always spent most time with, but if you feel like you could add something in the grey part, that'd take this head to a higher level.

Anyway, really nice job dude, i actually remember when you made simple cartoonish heads, and look at you now.
Keep up the good work.
It's All About Expansion
I promised myself I wouldn't use any blurry effects or anything for shadows for this one HAHA, trying to do everything with clean defined shapes (except for the glowing eyes hihi). I'll try and make it look less flat though, thanks everyone.

What do you guys think would be better? A chain or a rope as the strap ORRR something completely different, any suggestions?

I'll try and work on the hair and dried leaves, you guys are right. Overall, it is lacklustre compared to the mask. Does anyone know of any good tutorials or textures that might give me a good idea as to what really good cartoon-ish hair could look like?

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far!

OH AND I forgot to include a flat of the thin version.
Had to clean it up a bit more + I made the eyes glow brighter
Last edited by Julespino; May 22, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
I really like the colours you've chosen for the head and like the watermarked version of the head even more than the original, it's super cool. The design of the tiki head is really appealing especially with the wooden carvings on it but I find the back of the head slightly dull and boring.

I'm not sure how everything will look when you add the strap and I don't think tiki warriors had straps for their masks back then (?). I say you should try and create a double headed tiki warrior, one mask in front and one at the back. It sounds completely crazy but I think it'll really stand out.

Anyway, good job. :U
Neat head. I actually like the hair. It's supposed to be dried grass or palm leaves presumably, and it looks how I imagine cartoony dried grass/palm leaves would look like. You might consider using feather or two as well, to add variety.
Sooooo I shouldn't add the chains? HAHA
I was thinking that though, you're right, I don't think they wear chains or straps around it, although I have no idea as to how it actually stays on their face.
And I think everyone just agrees with one thing, I should improve the hair at the back. WHICH I WILL, one I find something good to base it off or figure out how to do it as nicely as possible.
I don't know about any tutorials, but take a look at Fate's works, she really handles this style in all aspects.

For an example: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=464295
It's All About Expansion
Thanks Jodarok!
Yeah, her mapping / coherent pattern texturing is impressive o:
So I added more detail to the back part among other things!

Are you going to sell it or is it yours?
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
I was just about to see if you could fix the mapping but you happened to already do it!
Don't add a strap I feel it would ruin it, also take the eye tone down a bit I feel the brightness is making it look a bit blurry.
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this
I am thinking of either keeping it or auctioning it when I'm done with it.

And Cold, you're right, I think it looked better with the original/less glow for the eyes.