Ranking
Original Post
Red Cyclops

Hi there, guys. Me and my band finally released the lyric video of our single from the future album.
I'm glad to present you RED CYCLOPUS.
Story is based on Warhammer world.
I'd like you to thumb up it and watch it because we've spent a lot of time and other resources on it.
Thank you for your attention.
P.S
As soon as I am a part of Toribash community I think I'm able to post my creation in that section as many musicians did before. Thank you
P.P.S
I'm a vocalist

Software: I don't really know. Personally I use reaper to record my vox sry that Idk what other guys use.
Last edited by Hug; Jan 2, 2017 at 09:41 AM.
very neat, reminded me of hanging revelations lyric video
def will follow your stuff

be sure to add programs used to the OP as well
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Let me preface this by saying that given the higher quality of this content compared to the usual posts in here, I'm going to be more critical of it as well.
Going to be assessing this as I would any song, not just a hobbyist one.
As the tradition in the art board is, here's the criticism:

This was a at times a bit all over the place composition and mixing wise.
I think what has happened a bit is the classic "this sounds empty, let's fill it up a bit"-syndrome everyone has to struggle with. Especially in the mixing stage.
There's nice simplicity to the riffs most of the time, not going too tech when the point is just to rev which is great.
From a thematic standpoint the brutality is reflected pretty well and the vocal performance sounds good and "slappy". Alltho the mix could've been a bit grittier to reflect the violent nature of the track.
From a mixing stand point I do not have other problems with the track. I do have small grievances with the kick drum tho, but that's just a really small thing for a picky person like me.
The guitars are nice and thick while being clean enough to make sense of them.
I feel the main issue with the track is that it suffers from the fact it has too much going on regarding fillers.
The reverb filled backing guitars and wide panning on everything creates a hard to follow feeling to the track.
Legendary tracks like Messugah's bleed literally have almost everything in the middle and no fillers anywhere, yet it manages to be hard as shit.
Alltho from a mixing standpoint that whole album is poop it manages to convey that brutality through its simplistic mixing and composition.

All in all tho pretty fucking solid work. I really had to get picky to get anything meaningful to complain about. Cheers for sharing!
Thank you all for your comments.
@cowmeat, thank you for your time that you've spended on writing your post.
I agree with you that it sounds overfilled and sometimes it sounds chaotic.
Well, as a some kind of protection can say that it must be chaotic because the main theme of our single is burning Prospero, the home of Magnus who singing it (me). His brother and his father have betrayed him. He lost his legion, his home, his creation and so he lost his mind. He turned into a chaos that's why it seems messy from time to time.
I can't say a lot about an instrumental part of it because I'm a bit far from it.
Must say that we've been hurrying because we've had a challenge with one guy that we can release a single with a feature and with a lyric video in month. We've lost it because I've got micro etc. only at 10th day since our challenge and then a guy who've been singing a feature part was like "Oh sorry I'm ill I'll sing my part... Idk when but I'll do sry sry sry" and then we had troubles with our videomaker etc etc etc.
It's our first try to teamwork as well. We have problems and we will work to fix them for sure. Thank you again for your criticism and sry if I wrote something unable to read I'm still not pretty good in english.
As soon as I'm not a big fan of hard rock music I can't tell that I like it at all because of my music taste, but I see good quality of content here, nice vocal, nice music, great job as for me
Prolly one of 3 or so hard rock songs that I like
Appreciated
Waiting more stuff from you and your band, good luck and gj
Thank you Delayer for your opinion, this is not a hard rock well but thanks anyway.
We are working on our feature album also.
Hello, hug.
I have to say this is a great quality product.
Sounds like the sound quality of a song made by professionals
But like delayer, this is not my cup of tea.
I love the music. But the harsh voice and drums hides it.
I know this will alternate the genre you are producing.
But i believe it will help you improve if you have some different things to offer.

I believe having a secondary singer with a softer voice will greatly improve the whole song.
You probably already know that one of the most important parts of music is contrast.
A soprano / mezzo-soprano voice singing softly will fit perfectly in there.

And you don't need to play drums throughout the whole track
I know it did stop here and there, but holding them off for near 20 seconds will sound just about great.
You can let the listener relax for a while, when bringing it back, the track will sound even harder than before.

Besides that, everything else sounds good.
However I'm listening on a pair of earphones, so i won't be able to say anything about the mix/master
But there are some moments which the instruments sounds crazy good
The guitar at 0:50 is very pleasing.
and i like the music pause and crowd screaming at 3:07

Great work Keep it up!
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.