Ranking
Original Post
Idea for auctions
it just came to my mind, that there should be a option to set a timer till an auction ends like in the Titel of the thread.
that the guy who posted the thread has the option to set and edit the timer..
like when i start an auction and say "24h after last valid bid" then i can make a timer of 24h after a valid bid.. when the next one bids i can reset it.
also for shops it could be good to set a timer like for 10days and then it gets closed. the people would see how long they have time to buy something.
like on ebay. it shouldnt be infinite.
also you would avoid those st*pid bump posts.

sincerely Tyler
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
If auctions were to edge toward automation, I'd be more inclined personally to push for full automation through the Torishop and get rid of auction threads entirely. It'd solve a lot of problems of people cancelling bids, altering end dates etc. but someone has to code it, so it needs to be justifiable in terms of how much of an improvement it would be on the current system, which honestly works fine.

In regard to thread timers for closing, it's pretty pointless and gimmicky. After 10 days a thread is gone, really. If people want to bump their thread to try to re-sell, I don't see why that's a problem either. The issue of random people bumping dead threads in the Market is very uncommon, speaking from past Market moderation experience.
I agree with Fee that the only way it would be somewhat useful is to be fully automated, though it would still not be as ideal as just creating a thread for it.

Though if you think about it when it comes to items we have two ways of selling them, the Market which is a automated transaction and the forum market of posting threads. So I don't really see why we couldn't also have two systems for selling textures as well, would help with cheaper sets. The only problem I would see about automating it would be that you need a system of TB to upload the textures to prior so that they would be sent to the owner automatically upon the auction's end.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I support this timer or automation idea because.
If u set end date 2 days or 36 hrs after the first bid. On the second day u can't see how many hrs are left because it says post is 1 day old...and if it's 36 hrs after bid u can bid on 37'th hour and etc etc... idk if i made it clear but maybe u know what i'm talking about.

Automated timer option on forums
or
Something similar to safetrade where:
Seller puts items in auction safetrade with some settings ( like min bis, min raise, end date)
Buyer updates safetrade auction with ammount he offers.
Buyer 2 updates safetrade auction with a higher ammount. Buyer 1 gets notification and get's money back automated from that safetrade. And so on.
After the deadline the transaction is completed automated.
Seller cannot close auction until deadline if he has no offers in 24h let's say.

I've seen so many problems with auctions, people selling stuff they have in auction, closing threads, changing theyr mind.
-----
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
In regard to thread timers for closing, it's pretty pointless and gimmicky. After 10 days a thread is gone, really. If people want to bump their thread to try to re-sell, I don't see why that's a problem either. The issue of random people bumping dead threads in the Market is very uncommon, speaking from past Market moderation experience.

I think he means the thread gets closed not deleted. So u don;t get that necro-bumps from 2011 _
Last edited by Insanity; Apr 25, 2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals