Ranking
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
Yo PKing, tell me what do you think about Monster anime?

BTW just finished Wolverine and the x-men and I really enjoyed it (I am a 33 yr old X-men fan tho xD).

Almost as good as X-men TAS when I was a kid.

i liked it, but it definitely had some pacing problems, many of it's parts/arcs felt very slow-paced.. some people may not mind it as it kinda does help set the tone for a mystery/thriller, but it's already a 77 episode series, and it feels a lot longer with its slow pacing..
i also remember not liking the ending much, but i don't remember exactly what it was since it's been years since i last watched it..
i'm a huge fan of the original creator for the manga of the series though.. Naoki Urasawa is genious, and maybe the manga might be better? though i haven't read it (but i do own volume 1 :v)

ah, i remember watching the X-Men animated series when i was a little kid, but i remember nothing about it except a bit of Jubilee
-----
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
i would be looking out for justice league dark:

i've never been that into DC aside from Batman stuff, and i really liked Under The Red Hood,
but the last movie i watched was The Killing Joke, which was meh, didn't really like it
i also liked The Dark Knight Returns Part 2, but not really Part 1, which are both by the same director of Justice League Dark
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Nov 17, 2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
been watching a lot of movies starring Stephen Chow lately, they're hilarious
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I am at half of 2nd season of SoA and I must say I am hooked.
At first I did not enjoy it all that much, but my wife seemed to be into the whole leather-motorcycle-bad-boy thing, so I figured a happy wife is a happy missuse.
But after season one I am thinking about buying a leather jacket myself, so ye... Xd

On another note, I am really enjoying Moster. It is slow, but the pace suits it. It has a very Twilight Zone/Twin Peaks sort of feel for me. For example, the episode "The Fifth Spoonful of Sugar" might be boring to many, just a digression in the plot, but for me its pure philosophy.

TPK how do you feel about Baccano and Mushi-Shi? Thanks!
wishful eyes deceive me
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
I am at half of 2nd season of SoA and I must say I am hooked.
At first I did not enjoy it all that much, but my wife seemed to be into the whole leather-motorcycle-bad-boy thing, so I figured a happy wife is a happy missuse.
But after season one I am thinking about buying a leather jacket myself, so ye... Xd

On another note, I am really enjoying Moster. It is slow, but the pace suits it. It has a very Twilight Zone/Twin Peaks sort of feel for me. For example, the episode "The Fifth Spoonful of Sugar" might be boring to many, just a digression in the plot, but for me its pure philosophy.

TPK how do you feel about Baccano and Mushi-Shi? Thanks!

that's great, and it's a kinda long series, so it'll keep you entertained for a bit
a leather-jacket missuse is a happy wife c;

i do remember really liking Monster too, but i tried rewatching it a while ago
and couldn't because the pacing was too much for me at the time.. might've
been a time when i was more into action series or something though :v
Evangelion is the best mindfuck btw

I love Baccano! a lot! i actually recently purchased the novel, though i had
read it through fan-translations already, and it's an equally entertaining
read.. and the opening theme is fantastic!
I tried Mushi-Shi, but found it boring, plus it's hard for me to get into
episodic series since i like to binge watch stuff and it's kinda hard when
there's not always plot/character progression.. it's been praised for it's mood
and tone, as well as having some exceptional single-episode stories, but
not my glass of soda
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
really enjoying this right now,got to chapter 7:

https://www.wormworldsaga.com

it looks interesting, i'll give it a read sometime

i've been listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry..
a definite different feeling from the films, and Stephen Fry does an amazing job!
would recommend thus far, at volume 3, and i think it's 10/10
finally got around to watching Stranger Things.. it was alright, a bit overrated by how
people were talking about it, but it was decent and entertaining.