ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
I just don't see the point of the refill every X frames, it would make the fight more time based than a normal healthbar-like system imo, people would avoid the fight to regain some "life" instead of going in to score more points.

And that sounds like a huge mess of lua coding, it overcomplicates the thing ^^

I really see it as something way simpler : First player that scores the appointed amount of points wins. No backward point counting, no lifebar on the screen or anything, just an amount of points that gives the win.

Yep, this would work..it would require infinite frame time though. This might cause problems specially for people waiting in queue

Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
First to points set is much better option, but it has one flaw: if your opponent is running and time is running out it will be a draw. Many fights could end up in ties like that.

Yep exactly.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Is there an option that if you step out of the ring you don't get dq, but your opponent is getting points for every 10 frames you spend outside of it (10 frames = 10 points)?
So, if someone is running you get points for it and you fill the points quota and win.
Well it all depends on the context tho :

competitively there would be no people in queue and both players would likely want to get the win anyway.

But in public room we could find a much simpler system, like if there's a draw both players get knocked down the line (and conserve streak), or it counts as a draw but Uke player gets back to queue while the streaking player keeps his place. Or we could even keep the classic points for public rooms and only use the "first to X points" for events/tournaments ^^

What I'd love tho, is a way to conserve points during a few consecutive matchs for competitive purpose, that would replace the need for infinite frames.
Last edited by deprav; May 10, 2015 at 06:17 PM.
Well, is there an option that when you step outside the ring, other player gets points for each frame you are touching the floor outside?
Is that even possible to make?
Well, is there an option that when you step outside the ring, other player gets points for each frame you are touching the floor outside?
Is that even possible to make?

I remind someone suggesting something like this some time ago. I still have no clue if that's possible or not sadly D:
Is it possible to make the frames linked to the points? Eg, you HAVE to be within a distance from the center of the dojo (not outside of the ring) to be awarded the win if you have the most points?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I think we're asking the impossible.

They said Lunar-walking were impossible, and look at mankind!
Impossible is but a mountain to overcome, the question is not if, but how it is possible.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Gratz on the forum banner for your vidz snake ! Just watched them and it's pretty cool ^^
Last edited by deprav; Jun 5, 2015 at 05:17 PM.