Toribash
Original Post
Penguin animation, 8 week project in Maya.
Jup so I'm off to another big project, I will post my concept art once I get it transfered to my computer, same as I did in the candy commercial.
This time its a group project with 4 others.

here is the basic characters
Yeah, I also made concept art for them but they are on another comp.

My title for this project is technical supervisor but everyone will do everything in terms of work, only that we have responsibilities in different fields.

also the finished result for my candy commercial will be posted next week (with sound and everything)
concept art done
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=379028

done with almost all the models, I still have 1 penguin left personally tho :P project looks really nice so far.
Last edited by Ezeth; Oct 25, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Penguin1

Penguin2

Penguin3

Skeleton

"Wireframe"

This is all my work, my group made the rest of the models/textures, only animation and render left.
Unibrow on the second penguin looks really weird shaped. It's as sharp as a razor.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
I think you need to improve the topology man, it looks weird in some places when you subsurf... Especially the wings

Add some more loops to keep the face resolution around the same level in all dimensions and areas if possible, it'll make things smoother.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
I think you need to improve the topology man, it looks weird in some places when you subsurf... Especially the wings

Add some more loops to keep the face resolution around the same level in all dimensions and areas if possible, it'll make things smoother.

yeah I was kinda delaying the edge loops in the wings because I was thinking about triangulating the wings for better twisting capabilities, was waiting to see what my teachers suggestion is on that area. Basically if you triangulate the wrist/arms your edges will line up when you turn the wrist 90 degrees making it look better. I am also smoothing the model resulting in 4 times as many polygons.
haha, definitely no siggraph for us, but it was a fun project. Didn't go as well as I expected, but many of us were new to maya so can't really put my expectations very high.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQzi2CLMvI

Other than making the concept art, I modeled, textured, skinned, rigged and blend-shaped the characters, also did the animating in dragging the rocket scene, the catapult scenes and the fishing scene. Along with being a tech dir.
Enjoy

Now I'm done with school for this year, but I think I will do some Maya around Christmas times now that I can do whatever I want.
Last edited by Ezeth; Dec 12, 2012 at 04:04 AM.