Toribash
Original Post
[DISC]Who is responsible?
We all know 3rd party programs rools. Mainly bots cant spam and farm.
Now the deal:
I have a bot that can act like promobot (or even better).
It was tested by several guys (only respectable toribash members like Ash, DjBes or ToriKai) to run self-made tourneys.
And I want to earn a little TC by selling this to potential tourney keepers. But there is a problem: anyone who possess this bot can spam-spam-spam all servers. Am I responsible for spammers using my bot? Can I sell such a bot? Any ideas?
I see it this way.

Gun manufacturers are not charged with murder if one of the people they sold the gun to kills someone.

You shouldn't be punished for the actions of one of your clients.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
I see it this way.

Gun manufacturers are not charged with murder if one of the people they sold the gun to kills someone.

You shouldn't be punished for the actions of one of your clients.

Thanks for this post. This is the way I think.
If you sell it to respectable promo-team members etc. i think useless spamming and abusing is out of the picture.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
If you sell it to respectable promo-team members etc. i think useless spamming and abusing is out of the picture.

I want to know: What if I sell it to anyone who pays? Who is responsible for bot actions: me or operator?

EDIT: There are some ways to detect the operator.
For example I can make custom build for every buyer. So if (for example) Ezeth buys my bot, the nick of a bot will be [Ezeth]iPromoBot.
Last edited by iLLepidus; Jun 24, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
I'd say, you should put rules and regulations the buyers must agree to, and if abused, should be banable. In my opinion, setting a bot named [Name]iPromoBot isn't very aesthetic, if you could custom build, I'd say there should be a set bot created by the user or you, say if it was for Ash, then custom build in AshBot and make it not changeable. If the name is not obvious enough, you could also make a list of the people who use it, also they would need to input their own password each time in order for the creator (you), to not abuse such as hack into their accounts etc. Back onto you're discussion, I'd say it's the operators fault if anything like this happens, and you have enough evidence by then what bot is who's.

Also, wasn't bots advertising on every server illegal?

P.S You can also use a custom built in the message that says each time, "Tourney happening soon at (server name). Prizes are (1st)/(2nd)", and they get to input those bracket areas.
Last edited by OfUnknown; Jun 24, 2009 at 02:27 AM.
Originally Posted by OfUnknown View Post
Also, wasn't bots advertising on every server illegal?

It's illegal. But the reason it's illegal is spam. I guess it's good for toricommuity if even guys not from promo-team can run tourneys. Also this bot is pretty conviniet imho, as it can not only promote, but many other things.
I think u should create bot rules!
And if someone will broke one of them...
They should be repported&banned for 1-2days!

So i think the rules should help!

Originally Posted by iLLepidus
Who is responsible for bot actions: me or operator?

So...Here's the answer to your question!All responsibility goes to operator If he are not following the rules!
Last edited by Kristis133; Jun 24, 2009 at 02:59 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Such bot would break these rules (as you are most likely aware). You as the maker of the bot would be held accountable if the bot where to be reported and then lead back to you. The spammer would also receive a similar punishment.

If you were to release such a bot you'd better make sure no one complains about it by carefully selecting your clients.
:D