GMT: -2?
Favorite genre of music: Metal Core/Metal
Least favorite genre of music: Country
Favorite music artist: the amity Affliction
Least favorite music artist: I don't really know to be absolute honest
Favorite music sharing website: Not a site but Spotify
One example of your favorite music:

Welcome to MLO!

That's a pretty neat song if I do say so myself, I've listened to metalcore a while ago, but lost interest because of the lack of quality songs.
I really liked this one however, and enjoyed it in full glory.
If you have some more of these please share haha
cage the gargoyle
ILikeMusic :D
Hai there! I'm Bread, and I'd like to join this group, cuz I'm a huge music addict.

Name:Gábor Babos (Hungarian)
GMT:+1
Favorite genre of music:#1 to me is Rap , Trap, Dubstep, Glitch Hop, Experimental Bass, DnB, Chill Trap, Hip-Hop
Least favorite genre of music: Modern Pop
Favorite music artist: Can't decide between Tirpa (hungarian rapper) or Tyler The Creator
Least favorite music artist:Almost any mainstream artist today
Favorite music sharing website:YouTuuube
One example of your favorite music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XroMdCKGlFc ooooor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzi24Nssiow ^^
we forgot shuffle weekend guys

shuffle shuffle

i actually used to hate this album, i listened to it and thought it was a solid 6/10 but the reason i hated it was because everyone told me it was the best thing in the world. i thought it was insanely overrated and pretentious and didnt listen to it for like another year.

second time i listened i thought it wasnt so bad (but i do still think its overrated), i would probably rate it a bit higher than 6/10. i think it is an ok album now, my favourite song in particular being the last one, 12:18. i would recommend a listen if you dont have anything to do.

one thing i still do not like at all about the album is how the second (and longest) song in the album gets a shit ton of praise for some reason (link for reference), while i just thought it was really stupid and took itself too seriously. if it didnt try to sound so "epic" it would probably be a lot better.

Bread: hi, and welcome i assume (i see no reason why you wouldnt be accepted). i dont listen most of the genres you listed but there are other people who you can discuss with.

on the theme of metal, i dont listen to metal anymore (i grew out of it i think) so i am not qualified to give my opinion on these songs, but when i did i used to listen to these guys, they seem similar

tungsten

oh yeah
I'm currently addicted to Slipknot, hence the avatar. Much better then when I first listen to them. Just goes to show how much you change.

And i dont like it pus :u
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by ILikeBread View Post
Haha, yeah thanks ^^ I definetly will, I love discussing music.

Yes,bread get it more together than usual from here. C:
hi guys, more music, less random jabber - we'll get a thread for that when we are official and to become official we must continue posting to a high standard.
criteria that you should have in your posts;
at least some interaction with someone else, may it be answering their question, conversing with them, or CONSTRUCTIVELY COMMENTING on the music they post.
when posting your own music, also CONSTRUCTIVELY COMMENT on it, why you like it and what works and what doesn't as an example.
when posing a suitable music related question, make sure it is in bold so people will know it is a question you would like them to answer.
on saturday or sunday (or monday usually) members can take out their own complete playlist of music and then pick out a random song usually by the shuffle option and post it here. I think pusga invented it, but, I usually call it shuffle someday due to forgetting to post on the weekend. (you don't have to do this btw, it's just a thing.)

but, you can pretty much talk about anything else if it relates to music including instruments, festivals, etc.
cheers guys, post in good consistency and we will be able to apply for offical, then we'll have more threads, better and more interesting content and also events (with prizes!).

@pusga, global communication has that weird, ongoing tapping/clicking/i don't even know how to describe it sound that sounds painfully repetitive to listen to for the entire song. the build up was extremely slow and nothing much seemed to change for a while - not really a fan.
ready, set, fall sounded pretty generic heavy rock scream/growl music, but the change at about 0:40 was different I guess and it made it sound not good, although less bad than it had been - again, not a fan at all.

the frantic piano playing and harmony of riffs during this song sound rather upbeat and something very dance-like, the vocals however do something I like alot in songs, they turn around the song and make it feel very half-hearted excited enjoyment of the instruments and pretty much and obvious depth of sadness lurking throughout.

lcd soundsystem was pretty much a one man project, and during it's time it was pretty successful and is very much the product of a pinch of alternative added to the dance genre. franz ferdinand also did a cover of this very song, so that too is also pretty cool.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
lcd soundsystem is weird. when i listen to stuff from them each song i hear seems to be inspired by completely different stuff.
i see what you mean by turning around the song when you mention the vocals but the only reason i agree is probably because the vocals remind me of indie and art rock bands, which usually create songs based around slight sadness or melancholia.

im fine with the song but the piano sounds like its stabbing the mix at times, a bit aggressive. its slightly toned down by the bouncy bassline but still a bit noticeable to me.

Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
global communication has that weird, ongoing tapping/clicking/i don't even know how to describe it sound that sounds painfully repetitive to listen to for the entire song. the build up was extremely slow and nothing much seemed to change for a while - not really a fan.

oh man i have just the song for you
(i swear this isnt a joke song this is like one of my favourite songs)

in all seriousness protip: dont ever listen to drone :-D
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
hi guys, more music, less random jabber - we'll get a thread for that when we are official and to become official we must continue posting to a high standard.
criteria that you should have in your posts;
at least some interaction with someone else, may it be answering their question, conversing with them, or CONSTRUCTIVELY COMMENTING on the music they post.
when posting your own music, also CONSTRUCTIVELY COMMENT on it, why you like it and what works and what doesn't as an example.
when posing a suitable music related question, make sure it is in bold so people will know it is a question you would like them to answer.
on saturday or sunday (or monday usually) members can take out their own complete playlist of music and then pick out a random song usually by the shuffle option and post it here. I think pusga invented it, but, I usually call it shuffle someday due to forgetting to post on the weekend. (you don't have to do this btw, it's just a thing.)

but, you can pretty much talk about anything else if it relates to music including instruments, festivals, etc.
cheers guys, post in good consistency and we will be able to apply for offical, then we'll have more threads, better and more interesting content and also events (with prizes!).

@pusga, global communication has that weird, ongoing tapping/clicking/i don't even know how to describe it sound that sounds painfully repetitive to listen to for the entire song. the build up was extremely slow and nothing much seemed to change for a while - not really a fan.
ready, set, fall sounded pretty generic heavy rock scream/growl music, but the change at about 0:40 was different I guess and it made it sound not good, although less bad than it had been - again, not a fan at all.

the frantic piano playing and harmony of riffs during this song sound rather upbeat and something very dance-like, the vocals however do something I like alot in songs, they turn around the song and make it feel very half-hearted excited enjoyment of the instruments and pretty much and obvious depth of sadness lurking throughout.

lcd soundsystem was pretty much a one man project, and during it's time it was pretty successful and is very much the product of a pinch of alternative added to the dance genre. franz ferdinand also did a cover of this very song, so that too is also pretty cool.

don't really like the piano, it really felt like someone was hammering the keys instead of playing normally.
(just personal preferance maybe?)
the bass was pretty clear in this song and I liked it.
couldn't really follow the lyrics but maybe I'm just becoming deaf, the voice used to sing the lyrics was cool though, I like it this way.

overall pretty cool but the piano is too loud imo.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
lcd soundsystem is weird. when i listen to stuff from them each song i hear seems to be inspired by completely different stuff.
i see what you mean by turning around the song when you mention the vocals but the only reason i agree is probably because the vocals remind me of indie and art rock bands, which usually create songs based around slight sadness or melancholia.

im fine with the song but the piano sounds like its stabbing the mix at times, a bit aggressive. its slightly toned down by the bouncy bassline but still a bit noticeable to me.

oh man i have just the song for you
(i swear this isnt a joke song this is like one of my favourite songs)

in all seriousness protip: dont ever listen to drone :-D

don't really like that type of stuff, to my ears it's just background ambience you'd use in a movie of some sort.
just not my stuff

got introduced to Our Last Night recently, it's a rock group with some metalcore aspects. some of the lyrics are pretty repetitive but I really like the vocals and instrumental overall.

this is my favorite song from them:

I like the lyrics and the occasional sync between the vocals and the instruments.
The heavier moments always make me want to sing along which is pretty cool.
sadly I don't know the lyrics outta my head.

runner-up

couldn't really decide actually but decided to add this one aswell anyway
Last edited by Melqart; Jul 16, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
cage the gargoyle