ES Recruitment Drive
In my country (Australia) they reserve spots in universities for aboriginals and torres strait islanders for no reason other than to 'not be racist'

It's like segregation except it gives them an advantage
"no you dont do this with white people, do it with your own kind"

I don't understand it, it's more racist than not giving them an advantage because it's making opportunities for 'white people' harder to obtain
Last edited by Augans; Mar 13, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
Well im not one of you guys who writes an essay for eachbpost, byt I would say it depends where you are in america. We in Massachusetts aren't too racist but out west or south or whatever, there's a bit more racism there.
(Origin)
Originally Posted by spew
It's hard to believe that a country that is nearly 78% white could allow them be subverted to this extent and become abused and discriminated against in their own country.

Originally Posted by Ele
Handle this topic responsibly - prove that this community is capable of that.

Then please don't tolerate posts that literally conclude with white supremacist rhetoric [Ele message: Sure buddy, I'll just ban anyone who plays devil's advocate from now on. While I'm here, calling someone 'spew' is a personal dig - don't do that again, I'd been clear they won't be tolerated]

Originally Posted by Augans
In my country (Australia) they reserve spots in universities for aboriginals and torres strait islanders for no reason other than to 'not be racist'

Speaking of those universities, you may want to crack open a book and read of the long history of colonization of Australia and its general mistreatment of the Aborigines. Do you think extending educational opportunities to a people that has been largely marginalized and abused is purely out of a desire to "not be racist," or perhaps an effort to offer even a modicum of fairness or recompense?

The U.S. does the same thing for Native Americans. However, a small bunch of Americans are usually less concerned with that and more concerned with the horrifying (not really) overwhelming (not really) surge in more general minority scholarships, or "racial quotas" appearing in admission. Unfortunately, they have no real cause to complain, as even accounting for population makeup white people are still the majority of those receiving scholarships. It's entirely overblown, but there's something funny about sheltered white people going into hysterics over the true suffering the system puts them through.
Last edited by Ele; Mar 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: not my job
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
spew

Wow way to counter my argument. You got me there, calling me names and then implying I'm a white supremacist.

Speaking of those universities, you may want to crack open a book and read of the long history of colonization of Australia and its general mistreatment of the Aborigines. Do you think extending educational opportunities to a people that has been largely marginalized and abused is purely out of a desire to "not be racist," or perhaps an effort to offer even a modicum of fairness or recompense?

You are advocating for discrimination against whites because of things that happened 100 years ago while simultaneously ignoring the billions of dollars pumped into aboriginal communities. If you think it's fair to punish people for something that a dead person of the same race as them did to a dead person of a different race a hundred years ago, then I think we have left the realm of sanity. I wouldn't be comfortable accepting the debts of my parents, let alone strangers who died before my grandparents were born.

Giving one race priority over others is NOT equal opportunity. I'm not sure why I have to explain that treating people unequally is not equal, but there you go, now you know.
The U.S. does the same thing for Native Americans. However, a small bunch of Americans are usually less concerned with that and more concerned with the horrifying (not really) overwhelming (not really) surge in more general minority scholarships, or "racial quotas" appearing in admission. Unfortunately, they have no real cause to complain, as even accounting for population makeup white people are still the majority of those receiving scholarships. It's entirely overblown, but there's something funny about sheltered white people going into hysterics over the true suffering the system puts them through.

Um, actually racial quotas and scholarships have been around for a long time, but I guess you knew that (not really) and were just talking shit (really).

Yeah there's something really funny about people getting into medicine with well below average grades because of their skin color. Absolutely hilarious that some people have an easier path through education because of their skin color.
http://blog.priceonomics.com/post/48...against-asians
http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...-look-americas
Haha so funny that people with low scores just special treatment because of their race, hahaha what could possibly go wrong when we have underperforming doctors/engineers/<insert anything> who were admitted just to fit racial quotas. I can see no possible downside to this (not really).
Last edited by Ele; Mar 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM. Reason: made less 'diggy' and more palatable
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
100 years isn't that long at all. It starts somewhere, like your father mother not having a father or mother themselves, so parenting skills aren't there except for abuse their children will soon know, then they begin drinking smoking or whatever, they don't know how to parent so when they have a kid the same thing continues, then that child would be handicapped with depression and anger at an early age as it just keeps going until you break the chain, put in them in school and keep them there. Educate the race that already has it bad. Sheltered white folk have NO idea what it's like as they'll just go grab white statistics for white people and apply to all people. And act like race was never and will never be a factor.
Right, because all non-whites and non-asians are abusive, alcoholic, smokers, etc...

There's a difference between racism and helping those in need.
Categorically favoring blacks over asians is racism.
Admittance to education should be based on merit, not race.

Saying that it's ok to be racist towards whites/asians because they "have NO idea" is not productive, am I allowed to make the argument that whites/asians can be racist to blacks since /they/ "have NO idea"?

Also I like how you say "white statistics for white people", because facts and statistics are racist white propaganda, right? I can see you favor the typical argument of "no you don't get an opinion because of your skin color you racist!!1".
Concerning Pig's scepticism towards Ele's moderation.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Not sure how insulting an entire country (or at least all the white people right? hurr hurr) is 'more palatable', but ok...

Well the problem is that palatable is generally applied to food or drink to mean tasty rather than to discussion forum threads, but this just counts as imaginative and interesting use of vocabulary. If we take it to mean bearable or discussable (as would be wise) then since arguing some white people are racist is certainly easier than arguing that all white people are racist (as the original thread would probably require us to do). I'm sure you recognise the difference between improvement and perfection (not that you ask for complete perfection, but you can probably understand what I mean) of which Ele only claimed to have achieved the former.

If you think Ele isn't justified in even believing that such an absurd statement could be argued then I suggest you adjust your expectations of this forum to something a little closer to reality or write an official complaint rather than nitpicking a perfectly accurate statement. Now, I would rather you didn't retaliate to this. You said you weren't sure about something so I am attempting to clarify it for you, I don't want to start am over-convoluted and for the most part irrelevant argument about my second favourite discussion forum Lmod with you.

Thanks, I will try to get involved in this argument later so you have a way to rip into me but no promises.
-----
Also, from past experience I realise this might get a bit heated between BP and Piggy. I would like to ask you to please not succumb either to aggression in retaliation to clearly provocative posts directed towards you or to making mocking and frustrating comments directed at each other. If you two go nuts then it can really ruin the thread.

Although this is most likely to be a problem with BP and Napoleon this message goes for everyone. (Hopefully you understand George Orwell references).
Last edited by Zelda; Mar 13, 2015 at 07:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by henceforth to be addressed as the honorable Grand Dragon
Wow way to counter my argument. You got me there, calling me names and then implying I'm a white supremacist. Can't handle the truth? Cry to lmod!

Just when we thought we'd hit the absolute rock bottom of BP shitposting, the floor opens up and there's a whole new sea of shit.

The floor opens up to reveal a sea? That's simply a terrible metaphor, it makes no sense.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Ku_Klux_Klan.aspx
Originally Posted by source
By the 1990s, the Klan had shrunk to under ten thousand members and had splintered into several organizations, including the Imperial Klans of America, the Knights of the White Kamelia, and the American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. These factions also sought alliances with a proliferating number of other white supremacist groups, including the Order and Aryan Nations. Like these groups, the KKK put new emphasis on whites as an "oppressed majority," victimized by affirmative action and other civil rights measures.

Do you realize that your metapedia citation was to a report by a white separatist organization? I imagine you didn't. You source a hate group and then have the gall to complain that your views are being unjustly implicated with bigotry. If you do not wish for your arguments to be associated with white supremacy, then I suggest you stop aligning your views with it so completely. Until then you deserve no "counter argument," though that suggests there was a cogent argument to counter in the first place, only quiet contempt. White people, the victim of institutional racism in America? You'd be laughed out of the building anywhere except the Klan hall.

Anyway, the acknowledgement of white supremacist groups creates a certainly helpful frame of reference for a discussion on racism in America, so let's talk about them. There are currently 62 officially recognized American white supremacist organizations. Of them, the most notable are the Klan and its affiliates, born out of confederate sentiment after the civil war, the Aryan Brotherhood, an extension of nazi ideology, and the scattered organizations under the banner of Christian Identity, a racial interpretation of Christian doctrine.

But perhaps the biggest vehicles for white supremacy are online. Stormfront is a particularly popular website for those of the "oppressed majority" to ferment on their suffering, see their board on "ending white genocide."

That is not to say these groups are a fair representation of America, but it's interesting to bear in mind the worryingly large fringe in this area and their historical ties.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Just Preachin'
Living in the South, I can honestly say that the rednecks are very racist, but they are no more racist than the trashy minorities. The rednecks. They are mostly drunken and unintelligent, and see themselves as superior. And the trashy, unintelligent minorities always think that the "white man" is out to get them.

The well educated and respectful/respectable white people respect the well educated respectful/respectable minorities just as much as they respect themselves. We dislike trash of any kind. Whether it's a minority, or a fellow white person, I can honestly say some white people are just as trashy if not more trashy than the bad minorities down here. Honestly, to be respected, you have to respect others, that's what it all boils down to.

Just act like a normal civilian, and don't blame everything on everyone else. Don't act like wild animals. That goes for every single race and ethnicity down here. Everyone who is likeable and respectable is liked and respected, regardless of race or heritage. Wherever they come from.

That's a big problem in today's society. Not everyone is out to get you because you're black, white, or Indian. No one deserves anything because of their race or background. You get what you deserve and you work for what you have and you earn the respect you deserve. That's how life is. Just a little statement to clear up the whole "racism" thing in the South.
The floor opens up to reveal a sea? That's simply a terrible metaphor, it makes no sense.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Ku_Klux_Klan.aspx

Do you realize that your metapedia citation was to a report by a white separatist organization? I imagine you didn't. You source a hate group and then have the gall to complain that your views are being unjustly implicated with bigotry. If you do not wish for your arguments to be associated with white supremacy, then I suggest you stop aligning your views with it so completely. Until then you deserve no "counter argument," though that suggests there was a cogent argument to counter in the first place, only quiet contempt. White people, the victim of institutional racism in America? You'd be laughed out of the building anywhere except the Klan hall.

Anyway, the acknowledgement of white supremacist groups creates a certainly helpful frame of reference for a discussion on racism in America, so let's talk about them. There are currently 62 officially recognized American white supremacist organizations. Of them, the most notable are the Klan and its affiliates, born out of confederate sentiment after the civil war, the Aryan Brotherhood, an extension of nazi ideology, and the scattered organizations under the banner of Christian Identity, a racial interpretation of Christian doctrine.

But perhaps the biggest vehicles for white supremacy are online. Stormfront is a particularly popular website for those of the "oppressed majority" to ferment on their suffering, see their board on "ending white genocide."

That is not to say these groups are a fair representation of America, but it's interesting to bear in mind the worryingly large fringe in this area and their historical ties.

Wow way to ignore my entire post then nitpick 1 sentence and claim I'm a white supremacist. How about you read my post and try refute the evidence or logic.

I like that you ignore that almost every gang in the US is racially orientated and that white supremacy is NOT institutionalised or mainstream and it's a very marginalized and taboo culture. You can't compare institutionalised racism like you see at universities or on the job market to some guys who have a barbeque every Sunday and are labeled a hate group.

As you have seen in my previous links, blacks are proportionally responsible for far more crime than any other group. So how about we look at hate crimes? http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr.../victims_final http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ffenders_final
Well, surprise surprise, again we see disproportionately high crime against whites, and disproportionately low crime by whites. So your guesses don't really hold up.