Toribash
tier 4 app
Half throw made possible by the letter T

Suplex with pin

Double leg using grab awareness

Pulling guard cleanest one i have
Attached Files
akido throwrwsdxcsdfd.rpl (49.3 KB, 7 views)
akido suplexerwcxcxv.rpl (49.5 KB, 6 views)
akido doublerwesdg.rpl (35.6 KB, 6 views)
akido guard pullrewdsf.rpl (46.8 KB, 10 views)
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
All replays are self explanatory. The snapdown is most definitely a snapdown, except preformed differently using one hand.

Btw, I think kick checks are too easily countered by foot sweeps to be effective at a high percentage.

In your kick check replay you were swept because his kick got behind your leg. In a kick check you want to go against the kick not with it.

Your single leg looks great, easy pick and turn tactic.

At first my problem with your snapdown is that it looks like templar just plain fucked up. But I checked his ghost at 320 and he was trying for a turnover, your "snap" countered it perfectly. Good job.

Come back with another kick check for me. When you see your opponent is going for a snapkick, contract your lead knee and try to go head on with the kick. Don't turn away because lots of times that leaves an opening and thats how people get split in half.

Anyone else having trouble with the kick check? Click on "gracie" in my sig and look for my post on kick checks i have more examples there.
-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
Half throw made possible by the letter T

Suplex with pin

Double leg using grab awareness

Pulling guard cleanest one i have

Nice fuckin combo on the guard pull! Kick, pull, and sweep that was beautiful.

Nice smooth double as well. I see you used is own grab against him.

Suplex was clean.

Clean half throw too nice job.

Congrats you made it to T4!

Give me sometime i need to arrange T5 because thats way too much. Good job monkey im proud of u buddy.

You know T5 i supposed to be a challenge so I'm leaving the 5 techniques as is. Good luck monkey.
Last edited by footlox; Jun 4, 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
tier 2 app
46 is my snap down. There's not much to say it was a short replay lol

139 is the single leg. i grabbed his glute and one leg so i hope this counts lol. it looks kinda similar to how you would do it in real life, i gabbed one leg and drove him to the floor.

145 is my kick check. im not sure if this counts either but it's the closest thing i had out of my 155 replays... my check didn't really block it more redirected the kick.

btw if any of you don't know yet, shadow077 is still me. it was my old account
Attached Files
046.rpl (32.7 KB, 6 views)
139.rpl (57.6 KB, 6 views)
145.rpl (54.8 KB, 4 views)
Originally Posted by Catarax View Post
46 is my snap down. There's not much to say it was a short replay lol

139 is the single leg. i grabbed his glute and one leg so i hope this counts lol. it looks kinda similar to how you would do it in real life, i gabbed one leg and drove him to the floor.

145 is my kick check. im not sure if this counts either but it's the closest thing i had out of my 155 replays... my check didn't really block it more redirected the kick.

btw if any of you don't know yet, shadow077 is still me. it was my old account

Clean snap down nice job.

See how you're using two hands to grab both his legs.Yeah thats a double not a single. Try catching a kick or drop low and pick one of their legs.

Not a kick check, double check the example replay in the techniques menu and look at my thread if you want more examples alsooo. The point of tiers is for you guys to go out into multiplayer intentionally execute these moves. You dont learn anything if you just pick old replays.

Come back to me with another kick check and single leg takedown. Thanks man.
-----
Kick Checks

I notice a lot of you guys have trouble with kick checks. I wrote a new description because maybe the last was too vague.

In addition I pinned a hyperlink next to the example replay that will take you to a post from my personal replay thread. This holds 5 more replays with different follow up attacks.
-----
My T3 App
Sutemi - So mid-transition I drop superrrrr low almost killing my self but using the bounce momentum I'm able to pull my opponent past me into the floor.

Dynamic Gripping - Fuck you know I didnt win but i should have. Lucky mofo got max contacts and won by a mere 15k points. I'm a leader damn it.

Pin Pressure - After being lifted I gently retouch and ground and weigh my opponent down. After mounting him he tries to plant his leg and dq's his knee.

Snapkick to Hook - BAM left snapkick followed up by POW left hook!
Attached Files
tier3 - sutemi.rpl (49.9 KB, 4 views)
tier3 - pin pressure.rpl (63.5 KB, 4 views)
tier3 - snapkick to hook.rpl (60.2 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 4, 2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
Tier 5 app
foot sweep with pin
full throw shoulder throws count as full throws right
guard sweep a rolling sweep? not sure. i thought it looked cool very situational. mechanically the same.
double wrap no grab double wrap
hip throw hip bumpped
Attached Files
akido foot sweepwcvxcvx.rpl (43.8 KB, 7 views)
akido shouldwrssdfs.rpl (57.3 KB, 6 views)
akido sweepwrdfscxcv.rpl (49.3 KB, 7 views)
akido doublelggedfsc.rpl (57.9 KB, 5 views)
akido throwrewfsddsfs.rpl (43.7 KB, 7 views)
Tier 1 app!
TA - Snapkick: This is my snapkick. Using his head for more power, I hit him square in the armpit, and his shoulder gives in.

Rip god: This is my basic suplex. I've seen detacher play many times, so the attempted pec dm was expected. I wrapped my are around his leg, then leggrab suplexed him out of the ring. This was in a duel c;

Fail turnover2: This is my turnover. I was just now practicing some turnovers in quick aikido while using the scissor kick opening. In this one, I use my own variant, which allows me to go lower, although it's too explosive and makes my hand slip. This guy really only noobclapped then held all.

Well, that's my tier 1 application. Thanks for reading.
Attached Files
TA - Snapkick.rpl (30.3 KB, 4 views)
Rip god.rpl (46.9 KB, 4 views)
Fail turnover2.rpl (33.1 KB, 4 views)
(Leash)ApatheticP: plz dont use me
(Leash)KaZyDog: I only use attractive ppl dont worry about it
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
Just a small reminder that i applied for tier 2...

Sorry I over looked yours haha. I'll respond to yours and everyone else tomorrow. I'm working a new job today.
(Or maybe one of the other leaders will respond)
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
the first replay is a snapdown and the rest explains itself
-----
if you want another replay of any of these things just ask, i took what i think looked best

besides for the kick check... it's not hard to do a kickcheck, but it's kinda hard to find someone who fights with a kick oppener x.x

This snapdown looked weak but you show the concept so its good.

Good snapkick and great follow up with the turnover!

Nice single leg attack!

If this last one is dynamic grips, save that for T3.

Other than that congrats thronior you're accepted into T2!

-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
foot sweep with pin
full throw shoulder throws count as full throws right
guard sweep a rolling sweep? not sure. i thought it looked cool very situational. mechanically the same.
double wrap no grab double wrap
hip throw hip bumpped

Damn that was fast lets take a look..

Beautiful footsweep! Tell me if that was a hard one to find.

Honestly I'm not 100% if this would qualify as a full throw. I see the full chest rotation and double arm swap so i will say yes but also I'll check with snake...
But besides that, very nice shoulder throw, better than mine.

SLICK inverted guard pull and sweep.

Clean Hip Throw. Well done monkeyishi..

Accepted into T5
-----
Originally Posted by ApatheticP View Post
TA - Snapkick: This is my snapkick. Using his head for more power, I hit him square in the armpit, and his shoulder gives in.

Rip god: This is my basic suplex. I've seen detacher play many times, so the attempted pec dm was expected. I wrapped my are around his leg, then leggrab suplexed him out of the ring. This was in a duel c;

Fail turnover2: This is my turnover. I was just now practicing some turnovers in quick aikido while using the scissor kick opening. In this one, I use my own variant, which allows me to go lower, although it's too explosive and makes my hand slip. This guy really only noobclapped then held all.

Well, that's my tier 1 application. Thanks for reading.

Nice kick dm!

This is more like a shovel than a suplex..You need to take him backwards, over your head.

Nice, sneaky turnover.

Comeback to me with another suplex buddy, other than that nice job!
Last edited by footlox; Jun 7, 2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists