Toribash
Original Post
Mushu
The increase in populace of people playing Mushu is a real problem for TW. All the principles we've been building to improve wushu and its community is pretty much at danger by 12 year old mushu players...

What do you think about this mod?
How do you think we should combat it?
Give logical arguments please.
Your messed up world enthrills me
I don't think there's much to do about this, it's 2 totally different mods.

Let the noobs play mushu and be noobs among themselves ;p
I agree they are two different mods that have no relation what-so-ever.

The problem is when we created/advocated wushu3.tbm, and brushu.tbm; we essentially shifted the metagame of wushu. Of-course in that case the change was poistive in encouraging movement and comebacks. This alternative form of wushu though is actually worse than the precursor forms of wushu3.tbm..it's probably worse than wushu.tbm.

And if the mushu community growth, then imo it puts everything that we have worked for at stake. Before you know it..the ultimate wushu room will have the mushu mod -.-
We also risk a lot of potential future members

So, yeah imo we should take an initiative and do something :P
I still fail to see how people playing mushu "dangers wushu and its community". or why you would dis the mushu players by calling them 12 year olds and noobs. or why you would think that you are better than them in any way.
Mushu is an ok mod, I play it sometimes. the instagib hands and feet push you to play more cautious.
Also, I love the joint DQ idea in mushu. it allows for some cool moves like headspins.

Overall, its a different mod from wushu, mainly because mushu has grabs and wushu is a no grab mod. but saying they have no relation what-so-ever is wrong and you know it. If you hate mushu so much that you are afraid people will call it a wushu derivative, you can't do anything about it. you cant stop people from playing it
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
Well, it is clearly inspired from wushu. I'd rather that wushu3.tbm be the mod that is put in the public wushu room.

If people like it..for whatever reason they do, we can't stop them from playing it. We can only try and advocate our "brand" of wushu more. So yeah, expect an event to be launched soon.
I think mushu is an underrated mod. Beyond the starters that just rek noobs, a good mushu player can play without using starters only countering and play well. I don't think the mod should have such a bad rep, but also can't be too closely compared to wushu. Different mod for the most part imo
Originally Posted by William View Post
I agree they are two different mods that have no relation what-so-ever.

The problem is when we created/advocated wushu3.tbm, and brushu.tbm; we essentially shifted the metagame of wushu. Of-course in that case the change was poistive in encouraging movement and comebacks. This alternative form of wushu though is actually worse than the precursor forms of wushu3.tbm..it's probably worse than wushu.tbm.

And if the mushu community growth, then imo it puts everything that we have worked for at stake. Before you know it..the ultimate wushu room will have the mushu mod -.-
We also risk a lot of potential future members

So, yeah imo we should take an initiative and do something :P

Wushu, in some form or another, has always been integral.
Having another mod emerging won't endanger the existing mods.
There will always be A wushu room, at best there'll be a new mushu server or mushu will be added to the mod rotation. That's at best
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Wushu, in some form or another, has always been integral.
Having another mod emerging won't endanger the existing mods.
There will always be A wushu room, at best there'll be a new mushu server or mushu will be added to the mod rotation. That's at best

Ok, glad to hear this. Thanks Erth!
-----
Originally Posted by Sissykick View Post
I think mushu is an underrated mod. Beyond the starters that just rek noobs, a good mushu player can play without using starters only countering and play well. I don't think the mod should have such a bad rep, but also can't be too closely compared to wushu. Different mod for the most part imo

Well yeah, maybe. I'm just not a fan of it..and don't want it to be associated with wushu in any way.
Last edited by William; Nov 23, 2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
as i said on some other thread - mushu is gimped version of wushu

and it is a problem

if the mod was completely separated skillwise - i would not care. but atm it's actually treatens the next gen of players and our potential members in perspective (talking about fl0w and TW)

thats why i have concerns about it, as any wushu player should.

people who will get used to play it would consider wushu the same opener spam and just tripod more frames than in mushu.
-----
anyway, here

Last edited by snake; Nov 23, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
In my opinion and you don't have to agree with me or sling mud whatever:

Mushu isn't a problem at all to the community. The players who became successful in modern wushu on oppose to lower ED high dm wushu got that way because they were looking for a tactical striking mod with less luck and more freedom and mobility. Those people who are interested in that will be turned off by mushu and go to wushu rooms.

I'm really happy to see there's a new community of players out there interested in a new mod. Mushu is cool. It'll never be competitive because of it's very nature, but it's fun, people like it and enjoy it, and Team Wushu honestly shouldn't give a hoot about it.

If a mod is inherently outdated and people are enjoying theirs more than ours, that doesn't mean shove our mod down the staff's throat to make it the only thing that exists. It means make our mod more appealing, or just enjoy it without the fresh blood. And as Erth said, there will always be a wushu room. We shouldn't attempt control what people enjoy just because we don't enjoy it.

Hell I'd be open to there being a team mushu with a tier system too lol.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Nov 23, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!