Ranking
Original Post
Stock Market
What's your opinion of the stock market? I have $3k USD in apple, long term investment. Do you have stocks? Which ones? Do you favor the idea of it?
I think stocks are risky. You have 3kusd? How long did it take you? I personally disfavor it.
Etoria is 12. How is that even legal (and where the hell did you get 3k?)
Some stocks are easy to predict, like Google.
goodbye cruel world
I'm 13.
My grandmother is has around $1kk in stocks, and gave me $3,000 to save up for a car/college.

EDIT: Sold some, down to ~7
Last edited by etoria; Jun 30, 2014 at 10:21 PM.
I don't see a problem with it. When I was 13 I was working 2 jobs. I saved some and spent some, I don't see why it would be a problem for a kid to handle stocks.

etoria can probably tell you that it's not hard or complicated. Especially if you buy safe stocks for long term investment. It's not like he's day trading.

I always wanted to get in to stock, and even went so far as to write scripts to handle historical data and try make money. The problem is the fees suck for this kind of trading, and investments are too unreliable. It seemed fun tho.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I've been buying/selling stocks for like 10 years now

No clue why you have so much money invested in something long term like apple. Apple isn't going to experience any massive increase/drop, so you aren't going to make as much.

I used to dip into the pink sheet stocks on occasion and initially I made a couple grand, but I saw how risky they were and I backed the fuck out. It's good to invest in safe stocks that have a fairly low value, or pay attention to news reports on certain companies and crap

It's a good way to make money, especially if you become good at it.

I went from ~2k to about 12k investing in a company called Yash, and I sold my stocks really excited. The next day, Yash dropped from I believe it was $1.10 to $0.50 and it kept steadily declining until it was under $0.01

Never went back to those pink sheets.
Hoss.
My friend used a daytrading simulator and profited.

1. I have $600 in stocks after selling several
2. My Mom controls it
4. I skipped 3
5. Fees aren't that bad (for me)
6. I'm not stupid with the money
McDonald's and Apple. Those stocks keep rising over the years. Check they're 10 year stock history.
-----
FYI 9/10 People lose their money in stocks.
Last edited by Merc; Jul 1, 2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |