Ranking
The highest you can get placed in a new season is platinum 1. Also I went 3-7 in my promos(played after like 4 month break and I was rusty) and got placed bronze 3 after being gold 5 at the end of last season, now im plat 4 :^) but it takes last seasons elo in to cosideration and it also puts you a bit lower than u were the previous season unless you go 10-0,9-1, or 8-2.

Example: I ended at silver 3, my mmr was 1250~, start the new season. If i lose the first 3 games maybe my mmr is down to 1150, and i win the next 7 and my mmr is up to 1350, so i get placed in silver 1. Or you win the first 7 lose 1 win another and lose another, that puts you at about 1480-1520 so you get placed gold 5 for going 8-2, even if you went 10-0 you're at like 1550 max which is still around gold 5 mmr POSSIBLY gold 3.
Last edited by Grim; Sep 25, 2016 at 10:51 PM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
New season starting mmr is and always has been (previous mmr - 1200) / 2
Hoss.
Funny, that's pretty much how it works in Brawlhalla as well.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
season reset? I'll start my placements now and finish themy in like a month.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Considering shyv benefits a lot from attack speed, and will naturally put a lot of auto attacks down, bloodrazor is a strong item for snowballing a game, which is what you want in soloq. Cinderhulk may be more consistent, but it's harder to carry a game as a tank.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
I think I went 6-4, and got placed in bronze 3 (gold 4 now)

It really depends on the elo you had last season iirc

first time ever getting placed
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
I almost always go warding jungle item and never go cinderhulk in soloQ unless i'm playing nunu or something that doesn't do damage anyway and needs the cinder passive for clear speeds. You want to be carrying as hard as possible.

I've ganked lanes at level 2 and given them the kill and then came back and gave them another free kill and they STILL get solo killed. Most lower elo(bronze to mid diamond) players don't know wave control/power spikes/vision control/trade mechanics(they might know and execute one or two of these methods well, but all 4 plus more are essential for taking full advantage of a lead) well enough to take full advantage of leads you give them. Even though you probably don't understand how to push the lead as a jungler either assuming you aren't master or challenger I'd still rather take two kills and then just invade the enemy jungler all game and get vision and win the game that way. Unless you're like zac, eve, rek'sai, j4, etc and you literally rely on ganking to do anything or your ganks are above average then i would recommend focusing on winning jungle as if it were a solo lane, at least in low elo. Level 2 cheesing is a really good idea in lower elo also, just learn the general ward spots, avoid them, and walk in and steal the buff with smite, but don't fuck up your timing because if you get there and they've already cleared their 2nd camp then you just wasted a lot of time and depending on whether or not the jungler has cc or some kind of dash or hop at level 2 you may have to burn flash.

Basically aim to be the main carry of every game and you will climb faster than if you just gamble on your teammates actually being competent.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥