ES Recruitment Drive
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
Well I'll never be able to cough up what is aproximately £14 for it...I do think the donate feature will encourage more gamers. Not only will the game stay free to play, but, in what I've viewed, donations to the site tend to make more money than the actual game itself. Certainly something to consider. I guess I'll be stuck in single player on Toribash 1.99 if this goes as planned. Might be able to pull off some nice moves.
Ill be sure to get it, so it costs 15$ now and it will cost more when it comes out?

[T]
#hi

You will still be able to play as it is now I'm guessing, registered users just get more, like being able to enter clans and tournaments...
Well, if there aren't any new features in v2.0 like guns, something on the ground you can pick up and hit your enemy with, big objects like trees, houses, or some other objects like those you can't move (but throw your enemy at ) I won't buy that game. I'll first have a really close look at the demo!

-Wrestler#1-
dude . ill stop playing this wen it costs. thats sucks

whoa i didnt expect this many negative replys! i've seen so many many ranting post concerning this game on different forums, and i dont think one of them has been negative! "best game ever", "soo addictive", "totally obsessed" etc etc
and now, when hampa want to try get *something* back from what he spent 3 years on, 12 months full time, everyone is like "ok fun when it lasted, but im out of here". that makes me kinda sad

Originally Posted by Ishiku
Ill be sure to get it, so it costs 15$ now and it will cost more when it comes out?

Nope. If you pay the $15 now, or any time in the future until the game is released or he stops taking pre-orders, $15 is all you have to pay.

Originally Posted by nokturnal
whoa i didnt expect this many negative replys! i've seen so many many ranting post concerning this game on different forums, and i dont think one of them has been negative! "best game ever", "soo addictive", "totally obsessed" etc etc
and now, when hampa want to try get *something* back from what he spent 3 years on, 12 months full time, everyone is like "ok fun when it lasted, but im out of here". that makes me kinda sad

I agree, I've been burnt on worse offers. Half-Life 2: Episode 1 anyone? Atleast Toribash has a very high replay value, compared to that. People take the amount of work here for granted. Developing your own physics ending, much less leasing one, requires a lot of time and effort, or money for leasing. Regardless of how basic it is, it's still a boat load of coding to have to get right.
Agree, nokturnal & Skaw :
Can't belive people think it sucks that Hampa wants to be paid for an awesome,
professionally done game that's been developed full-time for years.
It's not a high price for such a high-quality game.
I'm sorry to be a pain but Games like this are the kind people like to steal off file sharing software.

The very minute people start asking money for games like this they will probably just roll thier eyes and open Emule.

A large part of me wishes that I could have the nerve to both have an online bank account and invest money in the creator's products, but I can't say many other people will.