Toribash
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
Hell, you guys partially killed the forum when you split the community by making a discord server for Toribash.

that was a good choice though?? almost all multiplayer games have discord servers and irc is antiquated

how did that "partially kill the forum"? just because some boomers cant bother to make a discord account?
Originally Posted by Life View Post
Clan officialization is not a PERMANENT status, it's not the end of the line, this is what you guys need to put into your heads. All of the red clans eventually would die anyway, even with the old activity system. Killing clans is not a new thing in this community, this is just a better way to judge their activity and if they deserve to stay as an official clan.
We don't did it because we are bad people or something, our job is to incentive you and your clan to play the game, make some posts and stay in this awesome community. If your clan died, you can still revive it or you can still post in a new clan thread.
We do it because we don't need 700 official clans and so we can have some spots for the new generation of clans that can show us the activity that we need to see.
-----
Also my clan got a strike
Angery

This post has bothered me for a bit.

Fuck YOU, firstly. YOU need to get into YOUR head that most of the player-base seems to disagree with you on what it means to be an official clan. It doesn't matter how old the practice is, if the practice is bad, you get rid of the fucking practice. Doesn't matter if they would "die eventually" anyway, The practice of killing clans is not something a game with a player-base of 10 needs to do. If you're running outta server space for the forums, I'd understand a bit, but I know that's not the reason this is happening.

Secondly, you're driving more people away than you are encouraging people to play. Right now, I think you're pretty shitty people, and I think there are at least a few others that would agree. Doesn't matter that it could be revived, doesn't matter that you can "still post in a new clan thread". You're tearing shit down for no reason, shit that you didn't build. Sounds a lot like the Democratic party.

There's a hell of a lot of things this game didn't "need". Clans are pretty much the least troublesome of them. New generations of clans... where? From what players? Where are you getting these imaginary clans from? Your imaginary player-base of 5000? Oh wait, we have about 100 players.

This post exemplifies why I dislike most staff in this community. Y'all used to be reasonable people that I actually liked. Then you got power, and you decided that it had to be used, even if it wasn't necessary.

The best thing you could have done at this point was to leave clans alone, or build an event to encourage participation, but instead, you went to the art museum and said, "We need a space for a new shopping mall in 20 years, let's tear it the fuck down".

That shopping mall ain't getting built, cucks.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
We don't did it because we are bad people or something

you did it because you're incompetent

our job is to incentive you and your clan to play the game

yeah you're telling us to play the game or our clan gets fucked. what a great fucking incentive

the issue here is that there's no real incentive to play the game other than maybe some events, which doesn't really matter because the core mechanics of the game have been the exact same since FOREVER and it just isn't fun anymore for a lot of people. this is what everyone's been telling you but you don't seem to get it, do you
Originally Posted by basic View Post
that was a good choice though?? almost all multiplayer games have discord servers and irc is antiquated

how did that "partially kill the forum"? just because some boomers cant bother to make a discord account?

because discord activity doesn't count towards forum activity, why use the forums when you can just talk to everyone on Discord?

Don't think you understand the meaning of splitting the community between Discord and forums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Honestly, killing some clans are called for but you guys don't check into account Singeplayer activity, clan discords, etc. Hell, you guys partially killed the forum when you split the community by making a discord server for Toribash.I'm not even in a clan though so not my problem. I also haven't really seen you guys kill a lot of the unofficial clans that are there just to be there for a tag, etc. Hard to enforce activity on clans when the general game activity isn't even there, as well as forum activity. You could probably fit the whole general community that still plays and is on forums into about 2-3 clans if that.

If a clan were to only user singleplayer and Discord, why would they need a board?
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
If a clan were to only user singleplayer and Discord, why would they need a board?

if a clan was to only be ingame active, why would they need a board?

i mean, your point makes sense and is fair, but that's not the standard being pushed here by clan ppl + sir -- if we were just speaking in terms of "what activity should a clan have to maintain a board" the obvious answer would be just forum activity.

just within the culture of the community, being official has come to mean something slightly different, even though there aren't events or other perks, really. i do personally think it makes sense to account for all the ways a clan is active in the community, and allowing them to engage with the community however they want to

that's part of the reason why these recent clan changes make absolutely no sense. it makes no sense not only from the standpoint of "in what ways does a clan need to be active to benefit from the perks of official", or even from "what ways can clans be active in the community," but also from the standpoint of "what effects will these changes have on the community."

these changes are a surface level and desperate attempt to get people to play a game that there is no actual positive incentive to play. there was seemingly absolutely no thought put into implementing this: it should have been obvious from inception that these changes would piss people off, even to the point of leaving the community. it should also have been obvious that clans were one of the only strong ties some people had to the forums, and to the community at large. rip these out from under people, and they stop engaging with the community at all.
-----
my post is the only important one btw you can delete all others
-----
excuse me stop posting
Last edited by pouffy; Oct 4, 2018 at 12:43 AM.
because discord activity doesn't count towards forum activity, why use the forums when you can just talk to everyone on Discord?

Don't think you understand the meaning of splitting the community between Discord and forums.

irc didnt count towards forum activity either my nobuddie
>why use the forum when you can talk to everyone on Discord?

uhh what kind of logic is that
you could say the same thing about IRC and the forum was never affected by it. discord didn't kill anything, the game's been dying since a while ago

not only that but discord is also a much friendlier platform for new players. it was the right choice
Last edited by Icky; Oct 4, 2018 at 05:14 AM.
I agree with Panda. IRC was a pain, setting a password was difficult and joining servers with server commands and start-up commands were also difficult when I first started using IRC. Discord has a much friendlier user interface and is much easier to use. When I was using IRC or even skype to chat with clan mates back in 2014, posting on forums seemed much more forced as most real conversation happened on the instant messaging platform. I am not trying to say that if people stopped using discord they would post on forums or anything just agreeing that instant messaging is a factor in clan activity.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
yeah it did.

not always

always depended on the admin at the time

either way, stop posting, my last post is the only important one
-----
if you guys keep posting its really easy to ignore my post so you need to STOP