ES Recruitment Drive
worlds biggest problem..... people..... just think about it
[B]Herro! I am remidemi!
Originally Posted by rem0ved View Post
worlds biggest problem..... people..... just think about it

What a concept!

I think religion is the worlds biggest problem.

MOst wars have been started by religion and terrorist use religion as a reason to kill.

that, and supermassive black holes.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by Squiziph View Post
~snip~

"They have something of which they are proud. What do they call that which makes them proud? Education they call it; it distinguishes them from goatherds. That is why they do not like to hear the word 'contempt' applied to them. Let me then address their pride. Let me speak to them of what is most contemptible: but that is the last man."

And thus spoke Zarathustra to the people: "The time has come for man to set himself a goal. The time has come for man to plant the seed of his highest hope. His soil is still rich enough. But one day this soil will be poor and domesticated, and no tall tree will be able to grow in it. Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer shoot the arrow of his longing beyond man, and the string of his bow will have forgotten how to whir!

"I say unto you: one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in yourselves.
"Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer give birth to a star. Alas, the time of the most despicable man is coming, he that is no longer able to despise himself. Behold, I show you the last man.

" 'What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?' thus asks the last man, and he blinks.

"The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small. His race is as ineradicable as the flea-beetle; the last man lives longest.

" 'We have invented happiness,' say the last men, and they blink. They have left the regions where it was hard to live, for one needs warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him, for one needs warmth.

"Becoming sick and harboring suspicion are sinful to them: one proceeds carefully. A fool, whoever still stumbles over stones or human beings! A little poison now and then: that makes for agreeable dreams. And much poison in the end, for an agreeable death.

"One still works, for work is a form of entertainment. But one is careful lest the entertainment be too harrowing. One no longer becomes poor or rich: both require too much exertion. Who still wants to rule? Who obey? Both require too much exertion.

"No shepherd and one herd! Everybody wants the same, everybody is the same: whoever feels different goes voluntarily into a madhouse.
" 'Formerly, all the world was mad,' say the most refined, and they blink.
"One is clever and knows everything that has ever happened: so there is no end of derision. One still quarrels, but one is soon reconciled—else it might spoil the digestion.

"One has one's little pleasure for the day and one's little pleasure for the night: but one has a regard for health.

" 'We have invented happiness,' say the last men, and they blink."

And here ended Zarathustra's first speech, which is also called "the Prologue"; for at this point he was interrupted by the clamor and delight of the crowd.

"Give us this last man, O Zarathustra," they shouted.

"Turn us into these last men! Then we shall make you a gift of the overman!"
And all the people jubilated and clucked with their tongues.

But Zarathustra became sad and said to his heart: "They do not understand me: I am not the mouth for these ears. I seem to have lived too long in the mountains; I listened too much to brooks and trees: now I talk to them as to goatherds. My soul is unmoved and bright as the mountains in the morning. But they think I am cold and I jeer and make dreadful jests. And now they look at me and laugh: and as they laugh they even hate me. There is ice in their laughter."

NIETZSCHE BASH B1TCH
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
anyone who hasnt taken the time to sit back and observe where all the resources in teh world go and why, should really take some time off from life and start observing what the root cause of the problems in the world are, and address a solution from the core, rather than treating the symptoms and not the disease.
Originally Posted by WibbleWarrior View Post
anyone who hasnt taken the time to sit back and observe where all the resources in teh world go and why, should really take some time off from life and start observing what the root cause of the problems in the world are, and address a solution from the core, rather than treating the symptoms and not the disease.

lol, i like how you didnt actually say anything there.
Originally Posted by FinalWish View Post
lol, i like how you didnt actually say anything there.

Im sorry, let me reiterate:

Look at the world, take a good look at what goes on down here. Take the time to recognize the causes of our problems at the root, and not just treat the effects of the problems, but fix the problems themselves at the heart.

Find and fix the sources, dont jsut look at and "fix" the details.
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
What a concept!

I think religion is the worlds biggest problem.

MOst wars have been started by religion and terrorist use religion as a reason to kill.

that, and supermassive black holes.

Now I'm going to have to agree, and disagree with you there.
I agree that religion is a very bad thing (*Cough* Crusades *Cough cough*). And yes, I know I just made another hundred enemies with that statement.

But Super-massive black holes? Hardly. Recent astrological studies have shown evidence that there is a super-massive black hole at the center of our galaxy, holding it all together, along with a few other galaxies. While it is a major threat, it's also helping us out at the moment. Besides, there are much worse things to worry about in the universe. Gamma Wave Bursts, Quasars, even a normal old black hole is probably more of a threat, considering they move around space...
ATM the oil spill is huge. Many of the problems listed are human ones the worst that can happen with starvation is human race goes away, remember that is one species BP's offshore drilling fuck up will likely cause the deaths of TONS of marine species not one but hundreds. research the affects of some oil spills then remember the current one is not only the biggest BUT IT IS STILL HAPPENING!!!! this isnt oh shit lots of people will die this is oh shit lots of species will die (which could lead to chain reactions). most of the issues esp. global climate change (not just warming). will be worse but the oil spill is happening now. In a less important note correct me if I'm wrong but if there is enough oil underground and it all comes out wouldn't a shit ton of water take its place??... could lead to a plate tectonic fuckup... not likely but one wonders, how much oil is down there anyway