Toribash
Original Post
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges
Daily,Weekly, and Monthly Challenges

So after playing toribash for a long time now I realized that I was losing motivation to play multiplayer more and more by the day. Then it hit me, wouldn't it help me and other players be more active in game if there were challenges that you could complete from day to day to give your random multiplayer games more purpose.

For example:

Daily Challenge - Decap 5 people in official servers / Reward 2,000TC

Weekly Challenge - Deal 10 Million Points of Damage to Other players in total / Reward 10,000TC

Monthly Challenge - Decap Icky or Sparky / Reward Player Icon of Icky or Sparky's head bellow player name in game. (Similar to the icon that you can get to have your own tori's head displayed below your name.)

While toribash does have tournaments and stuff for players only one person can win a tournament and the reset times on them can be pretty annoying to wait for. Challenges on the other hand can't be failed with one match and players won't be as discouraged over time trying to work for them since they can take breaks while working on them.

I feel like implementing this system will give players of less skill more of a drive to become more competitive within the community and overall strengthen the community of Toribash.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Daily,Weekly, and Monthly Challenges

So after playing toribash for a long time now I realized that I was losing motivation to play multiplayer more and more by the day. Then it hit me, wouldn't it help me and other players be more active in game if there were challenges that you could complete from day to day to give your random multiplayer games more purpose.

For example:

Daily Challenge - Decap 5 people in official servers / Reward 2,000TC

Weekly Challenge - Deal 10 Million Points of Damage to Other players in total / Reward 10,000TC

Monthly Challenge - Decap Icky or Sparky / Reward Player Icon of Icky or Sparky's head bellow player name in game. (Similar to the icon that you can get to have your own tori's head displayed below your name.)

While toribash does have tournaments and stuff for players only one person can win a tournament and the reset times on them can be pretty annoying to wait for. Challenges on the other hand can't be failed with one match and players won't be as discouraged over time trying to work for them since they can take breaks while working on them.

I feel like implementing this system will give players of less skill more of a drive to become more competitive within the community and overall strengthen the community of Toribash.

Good idea in the fact that it will help the community expand and continue playing, but like most things, this will be exploited and abused by players. I can't figure out a solution to this problem so yeah.

All you need is a friend and half a brain to figure out that you can get money off of letting them decap you and vice versa. You don't even need friends, just use an alt account or more alt accounts send all profits to main account. The only way you could solve this is to make it so that you have to decap or whatever ten different people.
-Supported
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 12, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Good idea in the fact that it will help the community expand and continue playing, but like most things, this will be exploited and abused by players. I can't figure out a solution to this problem so yeah.

All you need is a friend and half a brain to figure out that you can get money off of letting them decap you and vice versa. You don't even need friends, just use an alt account or more alt accounts send all profits to main account. The only way you could solve this is to make it so that you have to decap or whatever ten different people.
-Supported

Well no matter what you put in a game someone is going to find a way to "abuse" your system, so its pointless to worry about that. As for people making alts that is simple. Have them implement into the system that accounts with the same IP can not be rewarded for the same challenge.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
Well no matter what you put in a game someone is going to find a way to "abuse" your system, so its pointless to worry about that. As for people making alts that is simple. Have them implement into the system that accounts with the same IP can not be rewarded for the same challenge.

True true. I like the way you think. But how will they stop multiple people from farming? They can't possibly play together if they're earning damage points on their friends cuz it'll be technically farming if you play in a server with your friends. Unless the devs create new servers specifically designed to house these challenges in a tournament type fashion, where you wouldn't face someone twice in a row. The challenges would only count if they are completed on public servers and I certainly don't wanna spend my entire day in a public server trying to decap kids that are trying to do the same to me. Not to mention the players in the room could be whispering each other on who gets to decap who that round and who gets it the next round. Also there's nothing stopping a few friends from going into one of these rooms and farming off of each other.
True true. I like the way you think. But how will they stop multiple people from farming? They can't possibly play together if they're earning damage points on their friends cuz it'll be technically farming if you play in a server with your friends. Unless the devs create new servers specifically designed to house these challenges in a tournament type fashion, where you wouldn't face someone twice in a row. The challenges would only count if they are completed on public servers and I certainly don't wanna spend my entire day in a public server trying to decap kids that are trying to do the same to me. Not to mention the players in the room could be whispering each other on who gets to decap who that round and who gets it the next round. Also there's nothing stopping a few friends from going into one of these rooms and farming off of each other.

Well here is what I think about the points you raised. First off creating a tournament like room goes against the purpose of these challenges to make it more attainable for lower skilled players. Also in farming for damage players would still have to learn how to strike a stationary target in a way that would gain them points. This is still driving players to learn and improve even if its for evil intentions. As for your worries about decaps and what not, the things I listed above are only example ideas, the challenges can be whatever the GMs wish to make them in order for fair play and what not.

But I guess it would be possible to make four or so rooms that you would have to enter in order to accomplish the challenges (Yes the rooms would have min a max belt limits in them, but a wide range of belts in order to discourage alts.). In this manner a que would be so large that it would be hard to set up rigs with your friends in order to achieve a goal. Also if two players began to obviously cheat to do challenges it would be easy for players to simply report them to a GM and for the GM to ban them from challenges.

In preparation for this system it would probably also be advantageous to implement a rule making it possible for GMs to temp ban players caught using alts to farm lower belt players for challenges.
Last edited by Kohta; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM.
Well here is what I think about the points you raised. First off creating a tournament like room goes against the purpose of these challenges to make it more attainable for lower skilled players. Also in farming for damage players would still have to learn how to strike a stationary target in a way that would gain them points. This is still driving players to learn and improve even if its for evil intentions. As for your worries about decaps and what not, the things I listed above are only example ideas, the challenges can be whatever the GMs wish to make them in order for fair play and what not.

But I guess it would be possible to make four or so rooms that you would have to enter in order to accomplish the challenges (Yes the rooms would have min a max belt limits in them, but a wide range of belts in order to discourage alts.). In this manner a que would be so large that it would be hard to set up rigs with your friends in order to achieve a goal. Also if two players began to obviously cheat to do challenges it would be easy for players to simply report them to a GM and for the GM to ban them from challenges.

In preparation for this system it would probably also be advantageous to implement a rule making it possible for GMs to temp ban players caught using alts to farm lower belt players for challenges.

It seems really sketchy but I'm sure if it gets implemented the GM's will do it in the right way in that it works properly with as little farming as possible.

I have decided to change my mind, I now +support this idea.

P.s. Would there be any challenges for higher leveled players?

Also 1000th post! I feel special!
It seems really sketchy but I'm sure if it gets implemented the GM's will do it in the right way in that it works properly with as little farming as possible.

I have decided to change my mind, I now +support this idea.

P.s. Would there be any challenges for higher leveled players?

Also 1000th post! I feel special!

Congrats on your 1,000th post, also rewards for higher belts wouldn't be up to me to decide. This is only a general idea for GMs to consider and what they do with it in the end would being up to them not me. Though Ideally I would say yes for higher belts to have harder challenges for greater rewards. For example something like:

-DM both of your opponent's Knees in a multiplayer match making game with a dismemberment threshold of xx to xx.

The threshold included in order to stop players for using mods like jousting to get DM challenges completed.
But peoble can make alts and do a decap opener 5 times and then win the challenge same with the 10 million damage they can just make alts and do an opener that does alot of damage so it should probably lower the reward to like 500 but there is a way to fix that it is by maybe hiring 1 person in each offical rooms that can kick and ban just like an op so they cant farm so nows there a way to fix that

Supported
Originally Posted by jkawig View Post
But peoble can make alts and do a decap opener 5 times and then win the challenge same with the 10 million damage they can just make alts and do an opener that does alot of damage so it should probably lower the reward to like 500 but there is a way to fix that it is by maybe hiring 1 person in each offical rooms that can kick and ban just like an op so they cant farm so nows there a way to fix that

Supported

Well like I stated in my other post:

1. Make it so accounts from the same IP can't get rewarded multiple times.
2. Make rules that permit GMs to ban people on alts abusing challenge rooms.
-Then you just wait for players to report them with replays of them obviously being an alt.
3. As for the rewards that will be up to the GMs not us, so not much use debating/discussing that, besides for just options on it.

I was also thinking that in order to stop people from using alt just have the rewards be Shiai or something like that thats not tradable.
The problem is for the good people it would be more easy to get TC.And the easiest form is for Tourneys.
Kinda Supported and Not Supported
Running away...