Ranking
Original Post
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges
Daily,Weekly, and Monthly Challenges

So after playing toribash for a long time now I realized that I was losing motivation to play multiplayer more and more by the day. Then it hit me, wouldn't it help me and other players be more active in game if there were challenges that you could complete from day to day to give your random multiplayer games more purpose.

For example:

Daily Challenge - Decap 5 people in official servers / Reward 2,000TC

Weekly Challenge - Deal 10 Million Points of Damage to Other players in total / Reward 10,000TC

Monthly Challenge - Decap Icky or Sparky / Reward Player Icon of Icky or Sparky's head bellow player name in game. (Similar to the icon that you can get to have your own tori's head displayed below your name.)

While toribash does have tournaments and stuff for players only one person can win a tournament and the reset times on them can be pretty annoying to wait for. Challenges on the other hand can't be failed with one match and players won't be as discouraged over time trying to work for them since they can take breaks while working on them.

I feel like implementing this system will give players of less skill more of a drive to become more competitive within the community and overall strengthen the community of Toribash.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I just edited my last post with higher up challenges please read.

Added Challenges and Rewards for higher belts.

Also you could throw in wild card challenges as well. Like put a hit out on certain GMs with a specific way of killing them. I honestly think anything that causes a man hunt on Sparky is a good thing.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •

Idea of items for newbs

Ah yes, let us flood then drown the market in feces. This is why we would need my item trade up idea. The items that you give the new players would drop out in value and become nearly worthless. "I got a rare priceless pokeman card mum!" ~ "Oh that's great sweetie but i just found a dump truck full of that same card so now your card is the equivalent of a used condom. Worthless unless you find a fool that will pay you for what it used to be worth."

Tc, shiai tokens, and qi are the only options.

Other solution for this. Trade up idea is near bottom of first post.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 12, 2015 at 09:21 PM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post

Ah yes, let us flood then drown the market in feces. This is why we would need my item trade up idea. The items that you give the new players would drop out in value and become nearly worthless. "I got a rare priceless pokeman card mum!" ~ "Oh that's great sweetie but i just found a dump truck full of that same card so now your card is the equivalent of a used condom."

Tc, shiai tokens, and qi are the only options.

It wouldn't hurt to implement another system along side this to help with rewards. but there are other creative options for rewards as well.

-Challenge Themed UserTitles for the forum like most people usually have to buy. Collectible items that are just for lolz like we already have in the market. And I mean more of each item is going to come into the system even without this system and eventually kill the price of each item. So even without this system thats something that would happen by itself.

But honestly I think the problems you guys are pointing out only really effect small portions of the community. Yea so what Gaia items and lower priced stuff for noobs would flood in and lose value, so now you marketers can't sell them to noobs anymore. So what thats just you wanted to keep profit to yourself even if it means the TB community doesn't grow more.

This system is designed to bring in new players and keep them here by giving them goals, not to help the already rich players.
Last edited by Kohta; Jul 12, 2015 at 09:22 PM.
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
It wouldn't hurt to implement another system along side this to help with rewards. but there are other creative options for rewards as well.

-Challenge Themed UserTitles for the forum like most people usually have to buy. Collectible items that are just for lolz like we already have in the market. And I mean more of each item is going to come into the system even without this system and eventually kill the price of each item. So even without this system thats something that would happen by itself.

But honestly I think the problems you guys are pointing out only really effect small portions of the community. Yea so what Gaia items and lower priced stuff for noobs would flood in and lose value, so now you marketers can't sell them to noobs anymore. So what thats just you wanted to keep profit to yourself even if it means the TB community doesn't grow more.

This system is designed to bring in new players and keep them here by giving them goals, not to help the already rich players.

Having a chance for a random item drop will help the issue. Nothing too expensive though obviously.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Having a chance for a random item drop will help the issue. Nothing too expensive though obviously.

Random item rewards is a possible option here and I do think that the item trade up system you mentioned would work really well with this. It could help delete mass items and possibly sink a bit of TC to stabilize the economy in the long run.
But people who have a higher belt will still be having these challenges. They will still be getting better and more worth items. Plus, the learning curve of the game is gonna stay here and I don't think anybody is going to stay because you can earn some 100 tc that was pulled out of the void or an item that went extinct on the torishop got pulled out of Goughy's millions of sets. If new people get these challenges, they're all gonna just kill the economy. You keep thinking short term, I'm thinking long term.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
What a wonderful way to farm TC.

Unsupported

I'm starting to think you've become a shitposter and nothing else.

Try reading the discussion before you say anything next time.

Anyways, so far I'm liking the idea. You seem to have another way to go for each negative comment you get. If you continue perfecting the idea, this might actually turn out to be something that's added. There's a small chance that people may make alts simply to complete challenges and recieve more items, but making it so accounts from the same IP cannot do these things clears this up pretty well.

The only thing I don't like about the idea is the fact that it seems uninviting. Already you recieve shitty comments with nothing added to them simply because it can be labeled farming.

~Supported
Originally Posted by error View Post
I'm starting to think you've become a shitposter and nothing else.

Try reading the discussion before you say anything next time.

Anyways, so far I'm liking the idea. You seem to have another way to go for each negative comment you get. If you continue perfecting the idea, this might actually turn out to be something that's added. There's a small chance that people may make alts simply to complete challenges and recieve more items, but making it so accounts from the same IP cannot do these things clears this up pretty well.

The only thing I don't like about the idea is the fact that it seems uninviting. Already you recieve shitty comments with nothing added to them simply because it can be labeled farming.

~Supported

Thanks for the support and telling off that bully WeooWeoo. And yea I stated about two or three times now the idea that each IP address can only complete challenges once.

As for the other comments you people area literally just saying the same fucking thing over and over. Sorry for the swearing, but its getting stale at this point. You're adding nothing new to the conversation you're just being negative and not productive.

I'll say it one more time though to get this through your heads. Yes this system could theoretically be abused for farming if done just right, but the same stuff you're saying could be farmed on this system can also be farmed on the current tourny system in place. Yet you praise the tourny system in place. I don't think its that you guys are worried about farming anymore, but more of that you're unwilling to accept change. Also I'll repeat this one more time for you. With any system you think of there will always be ways to abuse it for your own gain, but if you place solid rules around the loop holes and have the staff actively enforce them, then you significantly reduce the amount of people attempting to abuse it.

Now please stop posting replies about "farming" and "abuse" here unless you have some new angle on it that hasn't already been stated five times over.
Last edited by Kohta; Jul 13, 2015 at 06:14 AM.
How about you add a participation fee? That way, when people win, they'll win the tc of other people who didn't complete the challenge.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
How about you add a participation fee? That way, when people win, they'll win the tc of other people who didn't complete the challenge.

Well I like that suggestion, just not for this idea. I think that would be something fun to do for higher skilled people, but would be horribly wrong for newer members. Its just not really the direction this system is meant for.