ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
USD Tickets
Okay so this idea came to me randomly today. Personally I don't have a paypal because I don't need one and a lot of other players on TB, including younger players, don't have access to paypal either. I've also seen cases where players from other countries didn't have paypal where they were from and couldn't make transactions to buy things that required it.

BUT! There is one form of payment that everyone has access to, Steam. So this is the idea I had to make it both safer and easier for money transactions on Toribash. Put a few new items in the store labeled as such.

-$1 Ticket
-$5 Ticket
-$10 Ticket
-$25 Ticket
-$50 Ticket

Now you're probably asking why we're adding these items, well its simple. Currently with the torishop players have the option to pay for things through steam, you can use your steam wallet to purchase things on toribash from the store only. There is also no transaction fee to move funds like this, so players won't be losing money every time they send someone money for something. With these tickets players could also send them to admins for things such as this. This basically gives younger kids and people without access to paypal a way to get money into the game and purchase things with it that they couldn't afford by earning TC.

P.S. By forcing the currency of trade from paypal back to in-game money you make it less possible for people to scam TC, sell it via paypal, and then disappear with admins only being able to ban the account that they didn't care about anyways.

Also for any concerts about hackers getting into your account and taking your tickets then refer to this thread.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Wouldn't that devalue the toristore items because of user rates vs hampa rates?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Yeah, Nagato is right.

But nonetheless, this would make buying tc from other players so much more useful.

I'm all in favor of this.
Origin For Life
While in most situations you would be right, its in the game owner's best interest not to implement this in order to make more money their self, but in a situation where you're running a small game like toribash that is slowly dying in popularity you need to take all the measures you can to keep your players here. There's still the direct purchase of items/subscriptions/boosters for them to make plenty money off of.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
I've been thinking about this. What about we incorporate the steam market to tb? It makes everything more accessible which is the goal of these tickets of yours.

Unless you have to do a complicated process or something
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
But people already pay for stuff with Steam Money anyway. For buying TC it's just a lower rate than PayPal.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I get why this could be a good idea, but it's a double edge weapon. Kids do not get access to PayPal/credit cards for a reason: they're not responsible enough. If you ever heard of the saying "that was easier than stealing candy off a child", that will apply here too, you're making younger players more vulnerable to scams. It would be relatively easy to scam kids who just invested some money on tb to get some items. That's the big down point I see with this idea. Also, once you get for example a 1$ ticket after a trade, you're stuck with that money on steam, which I'm sure some people don't want to. This is a good sketch of an idea but it has some down points that make it pretty inconvenient. I will hear any reply if you have an idea of how to solve this issues.
Wolololololo
SrCheetah, yes kids are vulnerable to that, but you're forgetting something. Its their parents' credit card. The one's responsible for it is the parents, so if the don't ask they child "what is it you're trying to get", then its their fault.

When I was growing up and I wanted to use my moms' credit card I had to explain to her, what it was I was getting, why I needed it, etc... Its not like she was being stingy either, she was just making sure I knew what I was doing and that I actually wanted it. Then after that I would pay her in cash from my money for the purchase I made. So don't play the "they don't know any better" card here, the only ones that don't know better are the parents if the kid gets scammed.
Last edited by Kohta; May 8, 2016 at 04:00 AM.
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
SrCheetah, yes kids are vulnerable to that, but you're forgetting something. Its their parents' credit card. The one's responsible for it is the parents, so if the don't ask they child "what is it you're trying to get", then its their fault.

When I was growing up and I wanted to use my moms' credit card I had to explain to her, what it was I was getting, why I needed it, etc... Its not like she was being stingy either, she was just making sure I knew what I was doing and that I actually wanted it. Then after that I would pay her in cash from my money for the purchase I made. So don't play the "they don't know any better" card here, the only ones that don't know better are the parents if the kid gets scammed.

My mother did the same thing with me, and probably with a lot of other people it's the same thing, even though you never know. As (I think) I said, I like the idea, I just saw that flaw and wanted to point it out.
Wolololololo
My real problem here is that this is all done through steam. Oftentimes people make USD transactions because they want to use whatever they make here to make their real life easier. However, there isn't a system to take money off of steam, so it's a little counter-intuitive. Sure, it's a good option for children to start experimenting with our economy and all, but will anyone asking for USD actually want to take these Steam$ items? I'm skeptical.
I think I might be retired.