people playing: 52, servers online: 16, games played: 144,574,444 Top Player: Gentleman

  Toribash Community » Toribash » Events
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 10, 2019 Original Post  
&Icky
Hey Icky, the Event/Clan Squad is doing a great job on CL this year
 
08 Belt
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,292
Clan: Aeon



Clan League 2019


A long held tradition and staple of Toribash arrives.
Get ready for Clan League 2019!

Last year, Alpha achieved their second title in a row. Throughout the year, some members moved on to other clans and fresh blood arrived. There is more than a little debate over whether or not they are the same powerhouse from last year and with more than one 'Dark Horse' to contend with, it's an uphil battle for retention of the crown.

Which of members will be consistent winners? Who will dealing with regrets?




Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished with disqualification from the whole event. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to complete matches will result in penalties and/or disqualification from the competition.
•The replays for all stages will be uploaded onto either directly onto this thread, or a link to a clans personal replay archive thread for the event in their board if possible.






Due to the success of it last year, we're using the same League Qualification into Knockout system.

group rules


Because Alpha holds Rank 1 from last year, they are exempt from the group stages and go straight to the Knockout rounds.

All clans will go through to the Knockout stage.
This stage will be follow the standard single elimination system, with a reverse gradient seed (Read as: 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

Quater Final matches are first to 17. (Best of 33)
People can play maximum of 7 matches per round. The matches can be split across all mods, or all 7 in one mod
8 matches per mod (last game is losers choice from list if needed).


Modlist:
Code:
Aikidobigdojo.tbm ErthTKv2.tbm Boxshumushuv3.tbm Lenshu3ng.tbm



Group Stage:

Knockout Stage:



You may begin your Knockout matches immediately
Deadline for all Knockout matches to be finished is 21st July, 2019 GMT+0




•Full Right Arm 3d Items
•Clan Achievement Trophy
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year, Wibbles for 1 year
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP
•TC



•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 1 year, Wibbles for 6 months
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP
•TC


•3d Item
•Free ToriPrime for 6 months
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP OR TC

To qualify for prizes you must have played at least a total of 8 games.




We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.
Addicted-re 07-16
Custom Profile Shop
[17:31] <~suomynona> <3 Icky
Replay thread thing
Have any reports or issues?

a boston cream pie is when u let an irish catholic nut in u raw

Last edited by Icky; 3 Days Ago at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Haven't had a drink in so long i forgot how liqour was spelt.
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #311
Rose
Hi! UwU :O
 
noo master please dont lewd me Belt
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,700
Clan: win



Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
you could always show what the item looks like, and receive help on what could make it better, rather than being a EA

nooo!!!! that's too much work!!!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #312
Shmevin
Degenerate Member
 
Uber Alles Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,038
Clan: win



Originally Posted by Divine View Post

Being a bootlicker and making comics in the style of Toribash in a Nutshell doesn't make your comics funny or accurate.
Some people aren't happy with the newest teaser, and that's their opinion. I personally don't like the way it's coming along either, but that's not my point. I would argue that the idea of a 3D item that modifies the body of Tori as the prize for 1st (and possibly 2nd and 3rd) is an undesirable prize. It could be the most amazing 3D item in the world and people probably still wouldn't wear it. Body mods obstructs gameplay, most likely will not look good with someone's currently activated items unless they work around the item, and they had no say in what it looks like. Previous 1st place prizes such as Mini Me, The Regal, and Alpha Helmet could be worn with anyone's loadout and fit well, and does not get in the way when you're playing. Why is it that a fully modified right arm with (based on the latest teaser) five different pieces more efficient or preferable than one single item that the victors get to decide? Especially if either options are to be made specifically for Clan League.
My wave, my shark, my demon in the dark
Shmevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #314
Wizard
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,435
Clan: win



Originally Posted by Divine View Post

An ES showing this attitude is definitely not what this thread needs... At least make it look like you're trying to work with the community for fucks sake

Absolutely embarrassing, imagine shrugging off actual concerns of the community as a fucking joke.


Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #315
Divine
Clan League 2019 Champ
 
Garnet and Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,934
Clan: Obey



Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Being a bootlicker and making comics in the style of Toribash in a Nutshell doesn't make your comics funny or accurate.

My apologies, I didn't realize 'Toribash in a Nutshell' pioneered MS paint stick figures and any quick drawing after it's birth was copying its style. I will be sure to switch my major to graphic design so I may avoid that issue in the future.

A few points,

1. The item isn't being kept a secret it literally just hasn't been completed yet. If it could be revealed it would be revealed. Icky has been incredibly transparent and receptive of the community thus-far including making multiple threads before CLs launch where he took community feedback and allowed the community to vote on many aspects of the event. There's no reason to believe that would randomly cease now. He wasn't required to give spoilers, we could have just been kept completely in the dark until it was finished. The narrative that Icky's niceties are somehow not nice enough is completely unfair.

2. This is about trade-offs, the prizes may be announced later than usual but as compensation you now avoid the risk of literally not receiving your prizes/having to wait years to receive them. To some people the wait might be worth the reward but don't forget Toribash Next is in development and it seems unlikely any custom item will convert over, you run the risk of literally receiving your item after this game becomes obsolete if you go the custom item route.

Additionally, there is one item forger who is consistently active. That one item forger has to make every item for every event. Basically every single ES event/event idea request a custom item, some request multiple. If custom clan items couldn't reliably be delivered in the past when multiple forgers were active there's no reason to assume it would go any better now. These are not one man decisions or the product of organizer laziness, they don't just go "Everyone liked this too much and it was too easy to deliver, let's get rid of it." Just because Clan Leagues of the past made the mistake of over promising on the reward doesn't mean this one will.

3. Icky has asked multiple times for prize suggestions through his pre-CL threads and even reaching out to Clans who have traditionally taken CL very seriously and asking them personally what they'd like to see. Everyone already had the opportunity to suggest and discuss prizes. Icky is by no means infallible and they have to balance suggestions with whats feasible. It's true the item will probably not please everyone but Icky (and Erth) have requested an item that they think is really cool and I trust their judgement. They do not have unlimited resources or power and cannot promise the world, they can only promise their best, which they have done and that's good enough for me.

4. OH MY GOD THE PRIZES LITERALLY HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET YOUR CRITICISMS ARE ABOUT AS USEFUL AS A BLIND MANS CRITIQUE OF A PAINTING. This isn't boot licking, it's sense enough to wait until I actually know what it is I'm complaining about to start complaining.
-----
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
An ES showing this attitude is definitely not what this thread needs... At least make it look like you're trying to work with the community for fucks sake

Absolutely embarrassing, imagine shrugging off actual concerns of the community as a fucking joke.

ES is not involved in this event, it is run mostly through Icky with help from Erth and clan squad. I have no more sway over anything that happens in CL then anyone else. In the context of this event I am solely a participant, not a staff member.

Last edited by Divine; 5 Days Ago at 05:58 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #316
Wizard
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,435
Clan: win



Originally Posted by Divine View Post
ES is not involved in this event, it is run mostly through Icky with help from Erth and clan squad. I have no more sway over anything that happens in CL then anyone else. In the context of this event I am solely a participant, not a staff member.

Just because you are not involved in the actual running of the event does not inherently make you "not a staff member". This is especially the case when you are showing this attitude on a thread in the events board (also in the thread of an event that has previously been run by ES), of which your usergroup covers.


Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #317
Divine
Clan League 2019 Champ
 
Garnet and Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,934
Clan: Obey



Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Just because you are not involved in the actual running of the event does not inherently make you "not a staff member". This is especially the case when you are showing this attitude on a thread in the events board (also in the thread of an event that has previously been run by ES), of which your usergroup covers.

It does mean I'm inherently not involved in any decisions regarding this event or its prizes. I am not tasked with working with the community on this event I am the community, my only task is to participate.

This event has been run by ES in the past though I feel it's been said nearly countless times that's no longer the case. I am giving my opinion and participating in memeing the same as everyone else which I believe is allowed, what would you like me to say? "Sorry guys, I'll fix the item right away". To say I'm not allowed to make jokes and give my own opinion on an event in which I, nor any other event squad member has control over, and am solely a participant in is silly.

I apologize if my meme offended it.
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #318
Wizard
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,435
Clan: win



I understand that CL is not run by CL anymore, and that's not what I'm upset with. I'm upset with a staff's attitude towards a legitimate concern of the community. I don't deny the fact that you are a participant, but above all, you're a staff member; and as such, staff should be held to higher standards of professionalism. I'm also not saying you shouldn't be able to meme, in fact the memes this CL have been great, I'm just saying that there's a time and place for them, and this is definitely not the time


Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #319
Divine
Clan League 2019 Champ
 
Garnet and Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,934
Clan: Obey



Maybe I should make a serious 4 point post outlining why I feel the criticism is unfair.


It would be pretentious for me to consider myself above memeing because my name is purple. Especially if my purple name is in no way associated with the subject and when said purple name basically means it’s my job to meme.

It is a joke making fun of people for complaining about the quality of this years prizes before knowing what they are. I’m sorry but it’s difficult for me to feel I’ve over stepped any boundaries with it.
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #320
Shmevin
Degenerate Member
 
Uber Alles Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,038
Clan: win



Originally Posted by Divine View Post
My apologies, I didn't realize 'Toribash in a Nutshell' pioneered MS paint stick figures and any quick drawing after it's birth was copying its style. I will be sure to switch my major to graphic design so I may avoid that issue in the future.

I wasn't referring strictly to the art style of Toribash in a Nutshell, but also the tendency for that thread to just be an outlet for smug staff members to stroke their ego using strawman arguments crudely masked as relatable comics. Thank you for responding the way you did, as you basically reaffirmed my point.
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
1. The item isn't being kept a secret it literally just hasn't been completed yet. If it could be revealed it would be revealed. Icky has been incredibly transparent and receptive of the community thus-far including making multiple threads before CLs launch where he took community feedback and allowed the community to vote on many aspects of the event. There's no reason to believe that would randomly cease now. He wasn't required to give spoilers, we could have just been kept completely in the dark until it was finished. The narrative that Icky's niceties are somehow not nice enough is completely unfair.

2. This is about trade-offs, the prizes may be announced later than usual but as compensation you now avoid the risk of literally not receiving your prizes/having to wait years to receive them. To some people the wait might be worth the reward but don't forget Toribash Next is in development and it seems unlikely any custom item will convert over, you run the risk of literally receiving your item after this game becomes obsolete if you go the custom item route.

4. OH MY GOD THE PRIZES LITERALLY HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET YOUR CRITICISMS ARE ABOUT AS USEFUL AS A BLIND MANS CRITIQUE OF A PAINTING. This isn't boot licking, it's sense enough to wait until I actually know what it is I'm complaining about to start complaining.

You didn't understand me, I'll say it again:
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
the idea of a 3D item that modifies the body of Tori as the prize for 1st is an undesirable prize... It could be the most amazing 3D item in the world and people probably still wouldn't wear it.

Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Additionally, there is one item forger who is consistently active. That one item forger has to make every item for every event. Basically every single ES event/event idea request a custom item, some request multiple. If custom clan items couldn't reliably be delivered in the past when multiple forgers were active there's no reason to assume it would go any better now. These are not one man decisions or the product of organizer laziness, they don't just go "Everyone liked this too much and it was too easy to deliver, let's get rid of it." Just because Clan Leagues of the past made the mistake of over promising on the reward doesn't mean this one will.

3. Icky has asked multiple times for prize suggestions through his pre-CL threads and even reaching out to Clans who have traditionally taken CL very seriously and asking them personally what they'd like to see. Everyone already had the opportunity to suggest and discuss prizes. Icky is by no means infallible and they have to balance suggestions with whats feasible. It's true the item will probably not please everyone but Icky (and Erth) have requested an item that they think is really cool and I trust their judgement. They do not have unlimited resources or power and cannot promise the world, they can only promise their best, which they have done and that's good enough for me.

One currently active Item Forger? That's unfortunate, I wish the load wasn't so heavy on this one individual and staff would recruit more. However, the choices made for this Clan League places more of a burden on them than the alternative. There have been FOUR new 3D items made this whole year specifically for ES events. No single event has had more than one "new" item, and most events just give out previously released items. I will admit there have been quite a few new ToriShop releases as of recently (to which I thank the IF responsible), but you're being very deceitful with your arguments.

The majority of suggestions for first place were either a custom 3D item or a custom color. The winning clan likely wouldn't mind waiting however long it takes to bring their request to life, and would almost definitely prefer waiting for a great item over instantly getting an something they have no say in. I'm curious as to why a single custom item is such a tall order. If I had to guess I would attribute the time it takes to deliver these items to either a lack of incentive, staff telling them to put it on hold over other items, or the time in takes to get in contact with the clan in regards to what item they would like and what revisions to make along the way. It surely isn't labor that is the problem.
My wave, my shark, my demon in the dark

Last edited by Shmevin; 4 Days Ago at 10:23 AM..
Shmevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:43 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game