Ranking
defrag all the disc's
and what do u got in start up?(programs running when the pc starts) and how mutch ram do u have
Originally Posted by BlackDemon View Post
and what do u got in start up?(programs running when the pc starts)

I have 512 MB

what do you mean by the ones in startup? like what antivirus programs?
oi m8 i rekt ur mum last nite
Defragmenter, TuneUp, if you really want to boost your performance just restore your computer... but that is a really bad solution.
Life is a zoo in a Jungle.
Originally Posted by chidorikil View Post
I have 512 MB

what do you mean by the ones in startup? like what antivirus programs?

Looks like we found our problem.

Right now, my PC is using 2.12 GB of my 4GB of RAM.

Doesen't really make sense though why your PCs performance has dropped after you tryed the game though.
THIS is why I need a gaming laptop..bad thing is that im doing it on a PC and the electric bill of mah parents is big enough already...shit

Your rig probably consumes between 300-700 watts while idle I'm guessing. Probably less if it's not a gaming pc.

here in the US, cost per kwh ranges from 5 to 17 cents. So all night, 8 hours will cost you between 2.4 and 5.6 kwh so 12 cents to 95.2

I highly doubt you'll be using 700 watts while IDLE though, unless you have triple sli gtx 470's. :/ So worst case scenario, it's 1 buck max. Average, probably just 25-50 cents. It's not too bad.

Judging from your low ram amount, i'm assuming it's not a gaming rig, so probably much less, maybe 150-200 watts. So likely, no more than 25 cents of power consumed overnight. You'll be fine, don't worry :P

As for slowing down, installing the game shouldn't cause any drastic change in startup. Did it install any update services and stuff though? Or maybe it installed steam? Maybe one program it installed was enough to push your pc to the limit.

Also, hate to say this, but for "downloaded" "not legal"
VIRUS. You didn't seem to notice this the first time on page one so i'll resort to blinding text (apologies)

You might want to check for viruses first, cuz a lot of illegal game downloads contain that shit!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Well...imagine your electric bill being (in the philippines this is expensive) 11,000 PESOS!!! and the download did not contain any viruses
Last edited by chidorikil; Jun 2, 2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: woops forgot one 0 :l
So I downloaded Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and after that my computer's audio and video suddenly lags and slows down for a while then after that continues normally

Once I found that out I uninstalled it (shame for me ) And it still happens.. any one knows how to solve this?

(I dont know where to look for the specs of the computer but I do know that it's Windows XP)

EDIT: Found out the specs
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G100

(Anything else just tell me)

you downloaded it theres ony one thing, you have a virus or a trogen do an av scan
10th Dan
|Aeon|A-King|A-3rd|
Try CleanUp!
:P Cleared around 7 gb of crap off my computer.
Beta: YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT1!!! ITS LEGIT FULL 128! Morbon: joint textures and all? Beta: lol no fuck joint textures
CleanUp didn't work..but..it DID clear up about 12 GB of space on my computer XD