Ranking
Original Post
Will my video card work on TF2?
Do you think this works on TF2 if I turn the graphics to Directx 8, turn off anti-aliasing, and completely turn the textures into polygons? (including the fact that it's a source engine so it doesn't really force my gfx to do the work)

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
I run Directx 9
There is nothing wrong with my card.
And the approx. total memory for the card is 251 mb.

Facts:
I've downloaded TF2 before when it was free to try for 2 days. I lag spike so hard when I play, but when I spectate I don't. I had all the settings to low. Oh and the server is really full, Now that I notice.

I also run portal smoothly with the highest of graphics on every test chamber.
A friend with weed is a friend indeed
[lit] [o] [ML]
Portal and Gmod and Team fortress 2 and any other game made by valve run the same game engine. (of course the newer ones have upgraded engines, same engine, just updated.) So Team fortress should run max too. It's just that it can't handle the the amount of objects, foresty, etc in multiplayer. Are there certain maps that you dont lag in?
The custom made maps and other maps that aren't giant (example: 2fort)

bump
Last edited by DarkJak; Jun 10, 2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Please don't double post in the future. Edit it in. Especially if it's just a bump.
A friend with weed is a friend indeed
[lit] [o] [ML]
bigger maps take more memory to load. so you'll get larger fps drops in bigger maps.

Also: the only reason you run smooth in portal is because it's in singleplayer, not nearly as much data to process as online gameplay.