Toribash
View Poll Results: which is harder to play?
Guitar
15 Votes / 60.00%
Keyboard
10 Votes / 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
guitar or keyboard
my friends had an argument over this. my one friend plays guitar, and the other plays keyboard and they were arguing over which is more difficult to play. which do you think? i think keyboard because both hand are playing note while on a guitar one hand strums and the other holds down strings.
Last edited by randomguy8; Mar 5, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Yes but while both hands are just pressing buttons on the keyboard. You have to really work your hands to play guitar, I paly both and guitar is definetly harder. With guitar your hands are doing completely different actions, you could compare it to patting your head and rubbing your stomach. Its hard. There are palm mutes that you have to add in, scales to memorize up and down the neck, etc. Vibrato and bends are hard to master as well. Keyboard, when it comes down to it is just buttons.
Originally Posted by Marshall96 View Post
Yes but while both hands are just pressing buttons on the keyboard. You have to really work your hands to play guitar, I paly both and guitar is definetly harder. With guitar your hands are doing completely different actions, you could compare it to patting your head and rubbing your stomach. Its hard. There are palm mutes that you have to add in, scales to memorize up and down the neck, etc. Vibrato and bends are hard to master as well. Keyboard, when it comes down to it is just buttons.

you got me there
Not that there arent difficult aspects of the keyboard though, i understand where you are coming from.
they're hard to play in diffrent ways. with a keyboard you kinda multitask with both hands but a guitar is harder work on your fingers
if you know how to play a piano those are the basic steps of a keyborad i say guitar because keyboard was easy for me :P
||||7th dan black belt||||
I play both, and I would have to say guitar was harder to start, thats for sure, keyboard/piano is really easy to pick up if you have a remote sense of rhythm.
Oranges and apples

I've played both, and i found keyboard easier to grip, but also harder to master.

Although the guitar has different actions, they are closer together. The keyboard is far apart, and each hand does a lot more, i think.

So keyboard would be harder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]