Toribash
I love freerunning. I've actually started training. Started like a week ago. Can't do as much with school now, so I'm gonna do alot this summer. Compared to people I've seen on http://www.americanparkour.com/ I'm very very weak.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Meh. I always thought parkour was the one with the tricks. Oh well.

A bunch of my friends at school are pretty into freerunning. They know various tricks
from king kong to underbar. King kong is a move where you're running, and then you
need to jump over something, and it's a quicker way. Say you're on top of a building and
there's a ledge. The wall before the roof ends is let's say 3 feet taller. You're running,
and then you jump up onto the ledge. Mid-air, before landing on the ledge, you bring
your knees into your chest and your arms down on the side of you. Once you hit the
ledge, you push off of it with your feet by extending (toribash reference) your knees
and then pushing off with your hands. The hands part is optional. It launches you
forward into the air much faster than if you were to just jump onto the ledge, then jump
off. Dangerous though if you lean back before landing on the edge. My friend hit his
head on the ground once by doing that; luckily he was okay and his neck was just sore
for around 10 minutes. The second move that I mentioned is the underbar. It's more
easily explained with this gif.

My friends know a handful of 'moves' similar to these, and I'm starting to learn a bunch
from them and we do them around school to make the other kids jealous of our skeelz.

Edit: Here's another version of the King Kong, which I also know. But it's not as fun.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
As my brother said previously^^^
People at our school tend to do these moves frequently. (Some not being successful which results in a bloody nose or such.) But some people are really good at this.

Those are two of the easy moves to do because it doesnt require multiple jumps at high speeds.

Although they do require your arms which you must have nice upper body strength in order to perform these stunts.

Freerunning is more for speed but it still looks cool and stuff. People think they are the same thing but they are certainly not.

Parkour is more fancy and focuses more on style than speed.

I personally can those two tricks and some more but not many more. They are hard!
Actually, you're wrong. You said parkour is more fancy and focuses more on style than
speed. That's freerunning. Youtube it. Parkour is when you want to get to somewhere
fast like someone mentioned earlier, trying to get to a bus. And no, no one at our school
has ever tried to do either of these moves and then get a bloody nose. If that did
happen, then my whole group of friends would be on probation, because a teacher
would've seen the bloody nose and/or toilet paper up his/her nose. And they are hard,
and most of them really do require upper body strength, but a good deal of them are
thigh-based too.

That was just my opinion. I feel like there is more style in parkour.

And who -repped me on that. wow.
Eh. Freerunning is the style-based trick one and parkour is the swift running one.

Though I can't argue with an opinion.

Originally Posted by Teknik View Post
Parkour is Being a total ninja.

Free running is getting from Point A to Point B as fast as possible.

Or the Other way around.
But they both use roughly around the same techniques.

And Also Parkour is French for: The art Of movement.

yes that would be correct. i do parkour myself but i kinda merge it with freerunning and balance the differences out which gives me speed and tricks.

it migth be the other way around but still there really good to mix
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
Vark, your description of a Kong vault is a bit wrong, your feet/knees never touch the surface, its basically just a dive while using hands to control it.

Kash vaults are crazy, its a kong vault ending in a dash vault. Looks insane.
I do something like this... it's nothing fancy, but it's a greater workout than it sounds.

I run along rails.
I have only recently been able to run short distances along rail tracks, but i mostly walk along them. Major balance workout, which seems to have increased my endurance greatly.

It's all about the Dantian, lower for balance, mid for circulation, upper for concentration and top for understanding.

Running rails does more for the balance than the breath, but also a lot for the breath.
If you practice active meditation, all activities that improve circulation will improve concentration and understanding.