ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Best 3d modeling software?
I'm looking for something fairly easy to use, or at least easy to learn to use that I can create 3d models in. any of you know of any?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
If youre talking the modelling aspect, go get blender. as for the texturing part, its not as easy (to look good anyway).

I stumbled upon AC3D, most simple model maker there is, ever. just for tall buildings and background making.
blender,sketchup 3D Canvas Softimage XS Truespace these are easy to use <
3dmax,maya ,Cinema4
-----
i would probably choose sketchup
it is much easier than blender
and u can make great stuff
Last edited by scorpionma; Jul 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
INB4 14 days ban
Sculptris is a good one, it's like ZBrush but targeted for beginners. You'll get easier and faster results in that than in Blender or SketchUp from my experiences.
3d programs are split into a few groups.

There's sculpting programs like zbrush and sculptris, modeling programs like blender or 3dsm or maya, and technical programs like CAD and sketchup.

Out of these the free ones are sculptirs, blender and sketchup. You are probably looking for blender. I would definitely recommend blender.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Blender 3d.

FOSS 4 lyf
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
This is all debatable as a 3d modeler i use zbrush and 3ds max, but in a free side i would use Blender and sculptris.

It also depends on how you like to 3d model.

And in the end of the day it depends on what your using it for.
Alphacra was here.
3d models of what? Some CAD programs are very effective, but are not too easy to use.
IE: AutoCAD
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.