Ranking
Original Post
Help with Colors!
Hello.
I'm one of the tb artist's. I don't know if my art is good or not , but i really want to learn how to blend colors, how to make them more realistic.
up for request
If you post some of your works in the art board, people will be happy to give help over there and comment on what you should and shouldn't do. This probably isn't the right board for this problem.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
However, there's no "Art Discussion" Board, so where is this fellow going to talk about blending colours with anyone?
It's either post a picture and ask for critique or post critique for someone else's picture. Doesn't exactly sound like a welcoming art collective does it? hahaha.

To be completely honest, anything blends. It just depends on what colours you choose and where you put them.
It's not so much a trick to have colours blend realistically, it's more so improvisation, work and perfection.

All you need to do is practice more and more until you feel as though you're happy with the outcome!
lol
For blending either use a program with good simulation, or in gimp/ps you can set your brush to 50% opacity and paint one color partially over another, then use the eye dropper to select the new blended color, and then you paint with that blended color at 50% aswell, and select the blended area etc. That way you can build a gradient as you like.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Yeah yo, definitely trying that self composed gradient when I have the chance, that's a sick idea.
By good simulation, do you mean the way the program renders colors together automatically?
lol
Some programs simulate paint, so you can blend the way you would in real life, by pushing the paint around and mixing colors before they dry, essentially maintaining opacity throughout.

Using transparency to blend is essentially a digital technique, though it's quite popular in some kinds of traditional art (eg Warhammer golden demon style often use high transparency).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Wow that's actually epic, thanks for that bit of paint trivia. Fully going to tutorial it, I love playing around with aerosols in real life so blending colours is a real interest to me, especially because most programs have a full colour range to play with.
And also, probably going to be utilising it however I can when I start playing round with textures!
lol