Ranking
Original Post
Adding Name change to the torishop
well not only would it make it easy for someone to change their name but it would help with the fact that when you sign up with a certin form of toribash it allows 4-16 where as the freeform version of toribash only allows 3-10.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I don't know what you're really asking, but if you're wanting a name change you have to pm a Admin like Fish for example. It will cost you 100,000 or 100k same price
#INIT2WINIT
So you want someone to code something that checks if you are changing name into something not of the following; a profound word or series of words, something that can be used to abuse or similar, something that would fall under impersonating a GM etc?

I mean come on, how hard is it to PM a GM?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
What you're asking for would be way more work than it's worth.

In order for name changes to be okay'd, they need to check:

1) Whether or not the name has ever been used
2) If the name has been used, was it used in the last 3? years
3) Despite it being used in the last 3 years or not, is the name iconic and deserve immunity
4) Have you had a name change in the past? If so, how many name changes?

And then readjust the price based off number 4 as well. The alternative to that being done is to remove all we know and have set in place for name change policy and just make it "100k, flat flee, no matter what, you can't change your name to something that is taken".
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Considering I did a project similar to this in a beginner java course, it shouldn't be as hard as people are making it out to be.
One big issue I see is getting 2.5 million names into a database. Another big issue I see is checking to see when the account was last active, but you could just use the timer that's on the forums for that. The rest would be pretty easy.
Using a simple search algorithm to go through the list of names. Adding names to a blacklist so that you can't take names like hampa or sir, even if the accounts have been inactive for 3 years. Multiplying the cost is also easy, just have a counter of how many name changes and multiply that by 100,000.

It just depends on whether or not the staff wants to do it or not, and if it's worth the time. I do agree that PM'ing an admin isn't hard and doesn't take too long, however.
It's fine the way it is now, it's more of a hassle to try and make it different.
plus, it's not very often that someone gets a name-change, so it's a bit of a waste of time.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here