ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
URGENT HELP RIP MACBOOK AIR LOL
So on the way home from school there was a flood in my backpack (where my laptop was in) and some water got in. I put the laptop upside down but when i turn it on there's a huge fat mark on the screen (probably where the water is). help what do i do xd
If the water has made it behind the screen, it's dead.
Leave your computer off and place somewhere it can dry for a while (a week to be safe). If your computer is dead depending on what dies you may be able to salvage the organs hardware and sell it.
Not sure if this actually works, but I know a few people who put their electronics in rice to try and get the water out. Leave it there for like a week or so and pray that it still works.
Originally Posted by NotShadow View Post
Not sure if this actually works, but I know a few people who put their electronics in rice to try and get the water out. Leave it there for like a week or so and pray that it still works.

^Tried this for my phone, did not work. Has worked for some people but this method's mostly used for small electronic devices.

Originally Posted by zhuyuan View Post
So on the way home from school there was a flood in my backpack (where my laptop was in) and some water got in. I put the laptop upside down but when i turn it on there's a huge fat mark on the screen (probably where the water is). help what do i do xd

Apple worker in store told me that once water makes contact, there's a 99% chance that it's fucked and prepare to buy a new one. Anyway, I suggest you leave it out to dry without turning it on or anything for at least a few days
There's just a cloud but I'm replacing the LCD. Also it was monster not water
There's just a cloud but I'm replacing the LCD. Also it was monster not water

oh if it's monster than you're probably fucked. all that sugar and another stuff is going to stick on any components in there and screw a lot of stuff up most likely.

I don't know what you've done thus far, but if you know what you're doing I would open it up (need some special tools to get behind the screen and move the components out of the way) and clean it very carefully with isopropyl alcohol. As for the screen, you can get the Retina screen replaced cheaper than buying a new Macbook. Check your warranty with Apple though, perhaps you can send it them for a repair/replacement.
This is all useless jabber, and I'm not convinced this isn't a troll thread by zhu.

Closed.
They just gave me a new mac and we only had to pay the difference which was like £200