Toribash
Original Post
Kiai/ Grip noise restrictions.
I was in a greykido server and someone had a screamer kiai, and another person had a very loud grip.

My suggestion is to ban people with screaming kiais and only allow files that arent over a certain decibel level.
[8:12:11 AM] Yara Sparkle: come to netherlands everyone is naked.
He can always lower his volume. If his volume is around 50%, the screamers shouldn't be a problem. The hit sounds are what annoys me. People have like 5 of those and all of them are they same, it pops up like every turn frame.
Bringer of Hell
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
His point is that he doesn't want to have to turn certain sounds off because of a few people who put screamers in their kiais.
If someone is being harassed in a room, sure he can just leave, but that is not an idea solution, is it?

Was beginning to think there was no hope for intelligent life on TB

basically this.
-----
Originally Posted by Seihareach View Post
He can always lower his volume. If his volume is around 50%, the screamers shouldn't be a problem. The hit sounds are what annoys me. People have like 5 of those and all of them are they same, it pops up like every turn frame.

Again, I shouldnt have to change anything because people abuse the system.

If there is a rule on a GMod Server, "No micspamming" The admin doesnt tell the people who are listening to it to just lower sounds, they tell the spammer to stop spamming. It seemed like a simple concept to understand.

This suggestions board is cancer, its not a "help me fix this" board its a "suggestions" board.
Last edited by smokinonthatKK; Aug 29, 2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[8:12:11 AM] Yara Sparkle: come to netherlands everyone is naked.
If someone stabbed a puppy, you wouldn't ban puppies. You'd restrict the use of the knife and give the wielder a punishment.
Anyone who says turn the volume down is basically banning the puppies in this analogy.
People buy kiais and such to anoy people. Then you think anoying kiais should be banned. None will buy kiais anymore.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
ctrl + y is the sounds menu

This just saved me money on my car insurance, that's how awesome this is.

I assume "shout" is kiai?
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
Just turn off you volume, and if you don't want to do that, kiai sounds are only a few second long, just enjoy.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Just turn off you volume, and if you don't want to do that, kiai sounds are only a few second long, just enjoy.

So, wait?

Because people are using kiai's that I think are too offensive for my kids to hear, my only option is to turn down ALL sounds?

That's a redonkulous opinion.

Luckily the sound menu solves the issue in a much more elegant way. But it should be easier to find, and not a hidden feature.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.