Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
bad expirience with religion
so, here is the reason why i made this:
i live in a muslim country (algeria) and was raised a muslim,
after doing alot of research i decided that i'm becoming a free thinker (deist) and haven't told anyone for a while,
recently i tried to tell some of my friends and showed them my reasons,
their reaction was literally regecting scientifical facts and saying all my information is from fake articles and the real articles say the same things quran says (they believe flies have deseases on one wing and it's medicine on the other, just so you know the amount of stupidity i'm dealing with).
so, after a long ass debate and them not being able to say anything relevant they decided to threaten me by telling my religious af parents which is probably going to result in me getting kicked out of the house.
they refused to respect my point of view and even started to dislike me as a person

now, as i see it this way of thinking is engraved into them because of the religion they are following, they say the stupidest things and claim they are facts just because they are written in some book they were told is the word of god, i also kind of see some supremacist manners and way of talking when they talk to me and tbh they are making me hate religion more and more.

i wonder if anyone know a good way to make close minded people listen to reason and proof. i would really appreciate it, maybe post a bad expirience you had with religion aswell.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .