ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Testing Textures
Hello community. I used to make texture sets on my own time for myself back when I had full textures. Before leaving the game for a bit under a year, I sold every last item I owned. I now want to put my Photoshop Skills to use, and start making 512x512 texture sets like I used to. I used to test these sets out by applying them to my texture items in game, which I no longer have. Is there any way I can view theses textures ingame on a Tori without the items? Thanks for your help.
"Chaos in the world brings uneasiness, but it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth."~Tom Barrett
Originally Posted by AtlanticPA View Post
Hello community. I used to make texture sets on my own time for myself back when I had full textures. Before leaving the game for a bit under a year, I sold every last item I owned. I now want to put my Photoshop Skills to use, and start making 512x512 texture sets like I used to. I used to test these sets out by applying them to my texture items in game, which I no longer have. Is there any way I can view theses textures ingame on a Tori without the items? Thanks for your help.

It's impossible if I recall correctly. You must have the slot item in order to texture and "test" the textures out in-game.
Find your Toribash directory (normally on C: \Games\), there will be a folder in there called "custom", create a new folder inside this one, you can name it whatever you want (eg: Preview etc.).
Put your .tga files inside this new folder with the proper name of the part you want to texture. This are the names the files should have:

Show/Hide

Now go to Toribash, start a new singleplayer game, press enter to open the text box and type:
/lp 0 preview
This will load the .tga items in the "Preview" folder you created inside "custom"

If you want Uke to wear the textures instead of Tori, type
/lp 1 preview
thank you doc, problem solved
"Chaos in the world brings uneasiness, but it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth."~Tom Barrett
Thread closed