Toribash
Original Post
SOPA Bill
This Bill is so unconstitutional it makes me laugh.
Stop Online Piracy Act that pretty much censors 9/10ths of the internet, think of it as the brother of Protect IP, but a whole lot worse.

"The bill would allow the U.S Department of Justice, as well as copyright holders, to seek court orders against websites accused of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement." source : Wikipedia

And you know what's funny about the bill? The only people supporting it were the same people distributing the Software for such "Piracy", and now they're planning to sue the people using it for its intended purpose.

SOPA Scam Summary

^ Pretty much a summary. Guy's a little jumpy but you get the point. He's telling the legit truth, hear him out.

How can this bill even be passed? I'm surprised they haven't cancelled it yet.
We shall discuss.
I'm coming back with a vengeance!
SOPA is need and mandatory to protect our capitalist foundation and the companies that keep our nations economy growing. There are many criminals who pirate and steal company products and are not punished. If SOPA is passed these companies can hold their own in court and not be victimized by the middle class anymore. All the criticism of SOPA comes from left wing extremists who are scared that they can not illegally use the internet for their own gain anymore.
Master Sign-Writer
To maintain a true capitalist nation, SOPA is an essential bill that i will do everything that i can possibly do as a member of this capitalist nation, to protect and pass.
Inactive Due to RL Issues.
But I still love [l]. I also love you.
No no no, that's what they're trying to spoonfeed you to believe.
Yes, there needs to be order and law to a degree, but look at the big picture.

The private corporations (This makes up a Capitalist nation) are going to sue regular people like you and me for using THEIR PRODUCTS that they use within their "Free Market"
People who pirate are stealing from this fertile farmland that our overlords have so graciously given to us. These heathens need to be fined and maybe that will teach them better than to take from our great leaders.
I understand where you're coming from Swyne, I dislike pirates with a passion.
But it's not as you think, although big companies are trying to stop piracy, they are the ones distributing it, no, enticing people deliberately to download and "steal" their own products.

How can they be heathens if they are doing as they are told? Just look at CNET, they are telling you, even hotlinking you to top products that "pirate" CNETs own material. They're profiting from it, and they're calling the people who are using their own software criminals.

They're the pot calling the kettle black, you see?
Whilst stopping piracy is a noble (if perhaps futile) cause, I don't like the implications that the SOPA bill will mean the death of YouTube, social networking etc. as stated in the video.
I'm also not comfortable with the idea of them shipping US agents over to my country to haul me over to the USA in order to sue me thousands if not millions of dollars for perhaps casually downloading an mp3 - this is also highlighted in the video.

I would like it if the SOPA bill didn't pass, however I am powerless in that regard and considering it's backed by several powerful entities I can't see it being stopped
Capitalism, ho!
CNET does what they can to make money. Times change, and so do people's opinions and views. CNET could make money off of telling people to pirate their stuff, to later on sue them to make more money in the future. Haha, what smarts leaders we have!
Money is the root of all evil, and in this case, the root of all corruption shown in our government, and your post only highlights how evil and wrong our government is.
Smart, yes, but they only twist their words around, like serpents.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling..your posts are beginning to contradict themselves, unless you support corruption which is an entirely different topic in itself.
Last edited by Mirdesoux; Dec 24, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
What cunning serpents they are to sift out the delinquents of society to put all of those who turn against our dear leaders.