Toribash
Original Post
Censorship
I was going through the ban list and saw about 3 pages (or more) to do with racist names. And the reports for racism seem to be catching on. Why don't we censors racism? Block all possibly racist usernames and censor racist or offensive words on in game chat and forums (besides clan threads) because clan members like to offend each other for jokes.
+Support This would be a great idea but people could find loop holes.

I agree we should do something but there are so many racist things you could say that it would be almost be imposible to ban a word like the N word. People could just put a * between and it would just induce more racist names
Don't Be Racist
Or maybe people could just ignore the word in general considering people CHOOSE to be offended by it, I am not supporting racism, but I don't like this idea......
Shaken Baby Syndrome
kinda supported great idea but i have seen one racist report so far that i actually consider to be a racist incident. most really are reports of som1 using the n word but really most people repoer it just to report it watch a play through of gta5 in the first of Franklyn's missions its dropped like twice a sentence and nobody cares. Still though ban the possible letter combos for racist names.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
would you like to censor everything that has the slight inducement of racism?
ever to censor the word "black"?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What orb and snor said :/

Why not just ban people who abuse the 'n' word, eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by snoresville View Post
would you like to censor everything that has the slight inducement of racism?
ever to censor the word "black"?

Just censor the basic racist words. So not black. For situations where racism is said using 'black,white etc...' These can just be reported to staff like the current system.
Are you suggesting that the staff code some kind of racism detector?

Not possible, yes they could block words like the n bomb buy they couldn't block racists statements that stereotype without inflicting in normal forum use.
-----
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
Just censor the basic racist words. So not black. For situations where racism is said using 'black,white etc...' These can just be reported to staff like the current system.

What's wrong with hitting the report button in the current system
Last edited by desu; Aug 19, 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
As I mentioned in my post. Racism on TB seems to be getting a bit too commen. If it gets worse, censorship will lower the number of reports so staff isn't having to constantly deal with racism reports.

D3, why couldn't they? Many other games with a chat enabled censors racist words. Which leads me to my next point. I am talking about censoring words which are commonly used for racist means on TB. Such as n****. Sentences which dodge this system can be reported.

I was also thinking, if the TB scripters are really good. Maybe they can make something that hands out automatic infractions for those who type those words.
Last edited by Kradel; Aug 19, 2014 at 05:48 PM.