Toribash
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
oh I see. Is that some sort of a equivalence for number of members that you mean?
(sorry if I'm missing the point too much)

edit: no I think I don't get it at all xD
Last edited by Lionet; Oct 15, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Meaning that every clan that has over 5 members active ingame gets full points for activity (45 points).

Either that, or every clan that has less than 5 fails, but also the idea I listed in the first part of my last post is used. So everyone below a certain number (like 5) fails, and everyone above another number (like 8 was in my example) passes.

Obviously, the first option is a lot easier.

(I'm assuming you're referring to these lines)
I'm not opposed setting a minimum of say, 5 active members, but only if that's set in conjunction with my revision (else the situation I described earlier still exists).

Alternatively, we set the minimum at 5 active members and that becomes the SOLE calculator of the 45 ingame activity points. If clans have more than 5 ingame members they get the 45 points, that's that. This solution would address all issues I have.

---
To be clear, I think that setting a minimum number of people that clans have to get ingame is the best way forward. If clans pass that minimum, award them full points. This is the fairest solution.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 15, 2018 at 06:34 PM.
then you are against the idea of everyone needing to play and get the in game activity to get the full points? If so I can't say I fully support it but I also don't see any harm on it and doesn't sound unfair. Notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure this new system is all about securing more people actually playing the game whether people wanting it or not (I don't like this idea but looks like it lately), or as most of people would say, they are encouraging in game activity. The second thought is wrong exactly because of this clan system though, you are obligated to play so your clan get full points

note: thank for understanding my retardness by the way xD I'm not used to discussing nor speaking/reading english with this deep grammar
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
then you are against the idea of everyone needing to play and get the in game activity to get the full points?

Yeah. A lot of older clans have memberlists filled with people who are currently inactive, but who remain on their memberlists because they sometimes come back or because they're legends or important people in their clan's history. Not everyone on a clan's memberlist should be expected to contribute to ingame activity, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation.

Notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure this new system is all about securing more people actually playing the game whether people wanting it or not (I don't like this idea but looks like it lately), or as most of people would say, they are encouraging in game activity. The second thought is wrong exactly because of this clan system though, you are obligated to play so your clan get full points

That does seem to be the current attitude that duck + sir have - Pushing people ingame.

The backlash is real though, and hopefully they revise their methods.

note: thank for understanding my retardness by the way xD I'm not used to discussing nor speaking/reading english with this deep grammar

Haha, you're doing fine
No checks this for October, eh? So, can I assume you're giving up the checks or is that just for how long CS's drive to push some changes goes?

Mediocre

retired
Duck is away so this time I'll announce the updates.

We didn't run the check yesterday due to recent (about a week ago) activity rating criteria tweaking that wasn't announced - which was also followed by some more fixes that I've done yesterday. It affected how ingame activity is measured:

Total number of active players now can affect your point gain for ingame activity.
  • Clans with 5 active players or less will get activePlayersCount * 5 points for activity, no matter the total members count.
    This means that any clan with at least 5 active players is guaranteed to receive 25 points for activity.
  • Clans with more than 5 active players will receive points accordingly to already existing system (percentage of active players) if that number exceeds 25 points.

There are a few clans that would suffer from this change (e.g. Desolate with 5 members total and 2 players active) who will now receive reduced points for ingame activity due to not meeting the minimum criteria, but most clans would receive more points from now on - especially big ones. While 25 points alone don't guarantee your clan to pass the check successfully, that number was chosen so that the only remaining criteria you need to meet is forum activity (50 posts per month).

Despite not running the check this month, we've added bonus perk points to all clans that would've been in green if the check happened.
All clans that got 50 - 90 activity points got 5K perk points and clans with over 90 points (Obey, Liquor and Adventure) got 10K points.

There might be some more slight changes to the activity measurement in the coming days (though unlikely), if they happen I'll announce them in this thread.
Can the clan activity check system not be a rolling one? As in all the points set to default 0 after an activity check.

Also i think clan logo needs a bit of working on, because it looks lackluster, with eh colors and a very out of place position.
Originally Posted by sir View Post

Despite not running the check this month, we've added bonus perk points to all clans that would've been in green if the check happened.
All clans that got 50 - 90 activity points got 5K perk points and clans with over 90 points (Obey, Liquor and Adventure) got 10K points.

Just to make sure, there is no activity check for last month but if there is... all the clan listed in the dropdown are counted in green right? Or did i misunderstood something
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Duck is away so this time I'll announce the updates.

Meh, fire that bum, he's useless.
  • Clans with 5 active players or less will get activePlayersCount * 5 points for activity, no matter the total members count.
    This means that any clan with at least 5 active players is guaranteed to receive 25 points for activity.
While 25 points alone don't guarantee your clan to pass the check successfully, that number was chosen so that the only remaining criteria you need to meet is forum activity (50 posts per month).

Good stuff. This change addresses my concerns and makes things easier on the big ol' clans. Mucho appreciato.

So everyone else is clear on this;
5 ingame players (5 games each) + 50 forums posts = Active clan