Ranking
Original Post
Advanced Replay Hacking
Notice: First off i want to note, nabi nor do i and the staff condone using hacked/edited replays for events. This is purely for 'educational' purposes and for if you want to give your replays a bit more "style". Furthermore, I do know there is another(s) replay hacking tutorial, i am just posting a updated one.

Credit to Pusga for helping with some of the information.

If there is anything else i need to cover i will add it.
Worked for a good bit of time on this, using references and other things.
I also want to note i usually save replays with a [H] prefix if they are hacked.
Thanks to Jok's Tutorial for lua on joint/body parts.

If you are a beginner however and still want to get into replay hacking/editing there is a script for it
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=553652
Last edited by hanna; Dec 26, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
Since people constantly ask how to turn on self damage in a replay, I think it's worth mentioning that the number between ED and sumo toggle is the self damage toggle, change it to a 1 to turn on self damage.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Since people constantly ask how to turn on self damage in a replay, I think it's worth mentioning that the number between ED and sumo toggle is the self damage toggle, change it to a 1 to turn on self damage.

Thanks for that pusga.

Added to the thread.
Last edited by hanna; Oct 22, 2017 at 05:29 PM.
thanks dad
having fun messing with replays!
what does qat do? i've messed with it a bit but it seems really random.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
9 out of 10 doctors recommend sending me tc
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
having fun messing with replays!
what does qat do? i've messed with it a bit but it seems really random.

That i have no idea, as im still learning myself, decided to post an updated one and will keep it up to date as i learn.
I haven't touched notepad in a long time but if I recall correctly QAT means quaternion, I almost never use it personally because it's based on calculations with complex numbers to describe rotation and obviously I don't want to study it properly, i just think of it as a fancy vector. It comes in batches of 4 values instead of the regular 3 for the x y z axis, but the only reason it has 4 values instead of 3 is because multiplying 2 different imaginary numbers is bullshit, in reality you should treat its 4 values (w x y z) as follows:

x is "vertical" rotation, it has values between -1 and 1, for example when applied to tori's head, negative values make you look up and positive values make you look down.

y makes the bodypart lean left and right, like the picture. Values are between -1 and 1, positive makes it lean left and negative makes it lean right.

z makes you look left and right (when applied to the head), values are between -1 and 1, positive makes you look left and negative makes you look right.

w is the overall "intensity" of the rotation, it seems to be a way to increase the amount of rotation on all 3 axis simultaneously. Its values go from 1 to -1(?), 1 having no effect at all, and values closer to 0 having stronger rotation (regardless of your x y z values, having 0 on the w value seems to always make it so that the rotation is the steepest possible or fuck it up completely, so if you want a steep rotation you probably want to use a value around 0 but not exactly zero). Negative values probably move the rotation in the opposite direction (didn't test).

For example, frame from the picture i showed above has the following line:
QAT 0; 0.700000 0.000000 0.200000 0.000000 etc etc ...

These are the 4 values for the first bodypart (head), 0.7 on the w value so it's a slight rotation and not a very intense one, no x or z values but a small positive rotation on the y axis which makes the head lean left.

The values are exponential not linear, so in reality if you want to lean the bodypart 50% you wouldn't use a y value of 1 with a w value of 0.5, you would probably have to do trial and error and eyeball it.

I think QAT differentiates from ANGVEL in that ANGVEL (angular velocity) just describes the speed and direction in which a bodypart rotates, which sounds similar to QAT but probably exists so that the game can calculate bodypart rotations without having to register QAT on every frame. false, it's the force applied on the joint

Also I've heard that the QAT values for uke are inverted (z y x w) but I've never tested it.

Additionally, POS is position in space, simple xyz coordinates of each bodypart.
Last edited by pusga; Oct 24, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
oh yeah
Thanks for the information Pusga! That's really useful, adding it now.

Added.
Last edited by hanna; Oct 23, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
jisse or someone else can probably explain this better than me, I don't understand it super well and don't want to spread misinformation so I'll ask him about this
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
jisse or someone else can probably explain this better than me, I don't understand it super well and don't want to spread misinformation so I'll ask him about this

Still more knowledgable than i am atleast lol.

However it's good anyways, always looking for more information to add to the tutorial.
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
You should add a section for the script for replay hacking to help beginners.

Theres already a basic tutorial, this is for more advanced users.