Ranking
Hello,

I would like to suggest a script to avoid MP events cheating (well, at least, make it harder...). Is it a way to make a script that you launch before the game starts and at the end it automatically write the results (win-lose, points) in a file impossible to edit ?

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

A script to prevent cheating should be really usefull for each MP event in Toribash.

Like just open the replay file in a txt editor and change the names. Making a lose into a win or the opposite. That is why I would like to know if it exists a scripts that gives the results of a replay in an "impossible to edit file".

Originally Posted by Pouffy View Post
what do you mean by cheating?

Do you are a script maker ?

Its not really possible to use script to verify match outcomes in an infallible way

Thats what replay + screenshots + verification from other player is for
only way i could imagine that would prevent well, editing of replays in such a way is encrypting the replay files in a encryption algorithm such as AES or DES then decrypt them when the client opens them, that way only the client could well, understand/read the replays and they'd be hard to edit. Problem with this is, doing something such as encrypting the replays would also block out people who do 'replay hacking' for the fun of it, such as adding "all joint booms" at the end of replays and other stuff like such.
Well you could easily avoid actually altering the replay file, just export to a different file. The issue is that 1.) this is a lot of work for something solved relatively well by screens, etc., and itd be easily alterable if done via script. This is something that would need to be built into the game to be infallible.
Laser aim script for gun mods or a Range detector for the next move (can be adjusted by number of frames). Or respawnable joints, for replay hax. My penny for thought.