Ranking
Original Post
Ranking Updates
This thread's purpose is to gather more thoughts on Matchmaking and how it should work.

Toribash development team is currently focused on making the Matchmaking system work as you would expect a proper matchmaking to, and we would like to make sure our current plans fit community's desires and views on it. Any thoughts and new ideas are welcome and will be considered.

What is currently planned to be implemented:

• Ranked - a "first to 3" duel
    • No mod choice - players get to fight in randomly selected mods (mod changes each fight).
      Draft mod list: aikidobigdojo.tbm, taekkyon.tbm, lenshu3ng.tbm (or rk-mma.tbm), judofrac.tbm
    • Brown belt restriction
    • Seasonal rank resets (3 months for season length)
    • No daily rank 1 reward. Instead, weekly rewards for top n players or one-time reward at the end of the season.
    • Matchmaking being the only way to rank up.

• Unranked - a "first to 2" duel
    • Pick the mod group to play
    • No belt restriction

We also plan to disable daily rank 1 rewards for now as it has turned into "farm rank without getting caught" fest.
It doesn't mean that everybody with top ranks farmed their way up, but Event Squad members have to deal with rank-related reports on almost a daily basis. We may still reward top players in some way.

EDIT (10/03/2017):
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Matchmaking mods have been changed, mod list now consists of "classic" mods.

Grappling: aikido.tbm, aikidobigdojo.tbm, greykido.tbm
Kicking: taekkyon.tbm, erthtkv2.tbm, kickbox.tbm
Striking: lenshu3ng.tbm, rk-mma.tbm, wushu3box.tbm

Last edited by sir; Mar 12, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
That just allows someone to ignore other mods and only be "decent" at one specific mod. Matchmaking should challenge you and make you go outside your comfort zone to improve as a player. If you want to play a specific mod, you can always make your own server.

Also, I think boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm should be included in the mods as it is a very popular mod for duels and regular play.

(im)

We also don't have enough people playing to have different options. I think there should be one and that's it.
"Durex < Qualatex"-Sassy
DruggedPanda also wants to be famous
To Be Quite Honest, This Sounds Like A Fair Update To The Matchmaking System.
I've Always Had The Idea That In Certain Rooms/Tournaments, Multiple Tori's Are Put Into A Fight Much Quicker. You Can Say Its Like The "Quick Match" To Toribash, Where it Puts You In A Fight Almost IMMEDIATELY. BUT! There Must Be An Even Number Of Tori's In The Room.
Example: 4 Tori's In One Tournament 2 Tori's Fight While The Other Two Do The Same
Because What It Does, Is That It Makes The Tournament Speed Up. Instead Of Having To Wait So Long To Lose, The Rounds Are 2 Times Faster, Meaning Getting Your Face Mashed Into A Pulp Is Much Faster Now! If you call me a faggot a magical cookie will appear and become your pet
would greatly appreciate aikido7.tbm to be included into rotation, atleast as an experiment
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
would greatly appreciate aikido7.tbm to be included into rotation, atleast as an experiment

I think we'll stick to more classic mods for the first season, but it's possible for later seasons.

Note: matchmaking is currently unavailable due to server migration, shouldn't last long.
Last edited by sir; Apr 5, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
What about having 5 placement matches and getting put into a rank based on your performance and once there you must win 5 games to get to a rank up stage where you win 2 out 3 to rank up.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
Originally Posted by greenblits View Post
We also don't have enough people playing to have different options. I think there should be one and that's it.

this goes the other way too,the options available are not enough
to get more people interested.
I'd suggest being able to completely hide the matchmaking option/button/gui, /opt matchmaking 0 for instance.
|Just give me the fucking noose already.|
Season one has started: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=589637
Mods that were put into rotation are aikidobigdojo.tbm for grappling, lenshu3ng.tbm for striking and taekkyon.tbm for kicking. Ranked uses all three.

We will keep adding smaller updates to both matchmaking and ranking in the future.
Anyone got any thoughts on the idea of ranks being based on the outcome of the duel rather than the individual game?

Right now its based on individual mods, so it is possible to lose rank even if you still win the duel 3-2.

I am proposing that ranks are based on the outcome of the duel, so if it was 3-0 or 3-2 the winner would receive the same elo reward. If a players matchmaking stats are 3-2, 3-0 & 2-3 currently that would be displayed as 8 wins 5 losses. The way I am suggesting would make there score 2 wins 1 loss. This also counteracts the problem of people quitting before a duel is over.