Ranking
Original Post
Global before repairs?
Well the idea is that a global would be sent before servers go down for repairs, I dont now if i missed something today but I spent about 30 minutes trying to work out why my multiplayer wouldnt work, if a system is already in place then close the thread.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Well the idea is that a global would be sent before servers go down for repairs, I dont now if i missed something today but I spent about 30 minutes trying to work out why my multiplayer wouldnt work, if a system is already in place then close the thread.

Well this is pretty much being fixed pretty soon, but until then I advise you to be patient.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Originally Posted by JayXManHD View Post
Well this is pretty much being fixed pretty soon, but until then I advise you to be patient.

The problem isnt the servers being down, it was more that I didnt knoe they were so i thought the client had broken and was trying to fix it.
I support a like 5 minute warning when servers are going down or some broadcast via forums and ingame. Would save people from losing money via duelmode, and would eliminate alot of confusion caused by random server repairs.
100% suported
Forum and in-game broadcast is a must before shutting down servers. Like shockey said...if u get cought in a duel it's money down the drain. And then the fact that u don't know what is going on, it's very confusing for some people that haven't experienced it before.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I guess hampa sends these globals before restarting servers. Well, at least I've seen him doing so several times in past, not all sure about present situation.

It won't be possible to global downtimes like we had 7 hours ago though because these cannot be predicted.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
I guess hampa sends these globals before restarting servers. Well, at least I've seen him doing so several times in past, not all sure about present situation.

It won't be possible to global downtimes like we had 7 hours ago though because these cannot be predicted.

In that case, would it be possible to put a message to say the servers are down, where the server list usually is?
In that case, would it be possible to put a message to say the servers are down, where the server list usually is?

That's impossible as the client crashes if the multiplayer servers are unavailable. You would not be able to see the server list. Perhaps a global when it happens though, one that shows up on the forums, would be nice?

This can be probably implemented, but not until the next version release.
Server downtime isn't often and when we're doing the server backup it's only a couple of minutes when rooms cannot be accessed, guess that's the reason this was never added.

It would probably make more sense to have global forum announcements shown on the main page also display in the game client, would cover more situations when users have to be notified about something.