Ranking
Original Post
Some buttons
I make replays and sometimes of using my keyboard to change joints or the camera, I only use my mouse instead

I find myself propping my head up on my desk but every time I need to space or shift space I need to move my hand to touch my keyboard. That might seem like I'm a lazy asshole and trust me I am, but I don't like having to do this when I can already do everything else with just my mouse.

What I want is a button near the bottom of the window to

Space
Shift Space
(If people dont want to see these, it should be on by default but there should be an option in the options menu to toggle it or not)

So I won't have to keep moving my stupid arm.
If you do think thats being lazy and its stupid to implement this, what about the people without a working keyboard? I know my keyboard used to stop working properly and I was unable to play toribash because of this.
This is an all around good idea that should have already been added into the game.

"Just use an onscreen keyboard"
No.
I'm not going to use other software just for my game to be more enjoyable or more functional.
Its basically the same "No voice chat because you can get skype !" deal.

My other suggestion, menu.

Same problem, no keyboard or too lazy.
A button somewhere to click and bring up the menu.

I dont see a problem other people not wanting this other than the onscreen keyboard argument.
This game and buttons doesn't go along. Maybe if you asked more scrip-like Linux commands you would have a chance.
Django: You can clean up the mess, but don't touch my coffin.
Originally Posted by Django777 View Post
This game and buttons doesn't go along. Maybe if you asked more scrip-like Linux commands you would have a chance.

What do you mean this game and buttons don't go along together?

Example

they would be out of the way or where they should be
1. I can already forsee so many players bitching about loosing because they accidently pressed space.
2. Probably easily achievable via. lua. I see no reason why it should be put into the game permanently why I somewhat doubt most players would use it because space/esc buttons are far more convinent; and in terms of sp replay making, you'd still have to press the r button, and pls don't say 'ww im not going to use the r button im going to make it perf in 1 try' because everyone who knows anything knows that doesn't happen.

Seems p pointless to insert something small and most probably unused for a select few just because they're lazy af. The game should adjust for the majority, not that small portion. Ghosts appealed to that small minority and that failed, the only reason im using it is because its a great example.

Again, I don't see many, or even a few players using this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
1. I can already forsee so many players bitching about loosing because they accidently pressed space.

People already do that and how do you accidentally press space?

2. Probably easily achievable via. lua. I see no reason why it should be put into the game permanently why I somewhat doubt most players would use it because space/esc buttons are far more convinent; and in terms of sp replay making, you'd still have to press the r button, and pls don't say 'ww im not going to use the r button im going to make it perf in 1 try' because everyone who knows anything knows that doesn't happen.

Then make a Replay button too.

Seems p pointless to insert something small and most probably unused for a select few just because they're lazy af. The game should adjust for the majority, not that small portion. Ghosts appealed to that small minority and that failed, the only reason im using it is because its a great example.

Doesn't matter if it's for the select few, it should already be in the game.

Again, I don't see many, or even a few players using this.

Doesn't mean its not a good idea.

Okay so how about I take this further, a button above that menu button I was talking about to toggle the controls. Any things I'm forgetting?

I'm not going to request for someone to make a script for a feature that should already be there.
ugh
if cat wanted a script they'd request a script

seems useful
because I'm also a lazy little shit who sits my chin on my desk and just uses one hand for my mouse
I'd use this
My first post was deleted but don't support this only for the reason that I, myself, wouldn't use this and I'm not sure of anyone who would either.
Last edited by PiePwn; Nov 13, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
-snip-
Please don't backseat moderate. /L

Just because people drives cars doesn't mean bikes shouldn't exist.
Last edited by Lazors; Nov 12, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
i can see the menu button becoming a thing but i dont think the spacebar replacement will ever happen because it's ugly as hell

frankly, the "press spacebar to play", "hit space when ready with move" etc. messages should be toggleable tutorial text because they are also ugly as hell

also, this is a self-described minimalist game and neither your suggested buttons nor the existing text are particularly minimalist

i want it all gone