Toribash
i only have one prob how big is a 512 set in MB cuz i have internet cap so it may spell doom for my cap
Yeah, it would be awesome.
Btw, full 512x512 texture set will look MORE epic than 128x128 full set, except for head, duh =P
But it has some cons.
WAY too much traffic will be used for downloading HQ textures.
But i like it.
BlackDemon: Hehe. I has unlimited internet cap, so i can download without any caps lel.
|Windows Belt 10| |Damned Leader| |Ex-GameKeeper-2010| |RUTori| |Á¸² ÅùÁ|
|Ex-ClanSquad-2018| |20% Cooler than you| |1st nick - Major|

The 512-textures are big as tga, thats for sure. I hope hampa change over to png for the textures with next release. Same quality but half or less sized than tga.
The body-templates for 512 use a diskspace of around 1MB as png, as tga they need around 2.6MB which is a significant difference...specially for players with lower bandwith.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Can't wait. My set is candy money sex in 512
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
The 512-textures are big as tga, thats for sure. I hope hampa change over to png for the textures with next release. Same quality but half or less sized than tga.
The body-templates for 512 use a diskspace of around 1MB as png, as tga they need around 2.6MB which is a significant difference...specially for players with lower bandwith.

512 TGA texts are 1meg, the compressed 512's are 64k - same file size as what we're already used to downloading.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Err.
I don't like the idea about 512,i rather prefer 256,don't even know why,but for me,it looks a lot more better...
Hmm.
Sooner or later,i think every 512x256 texture will cost about 20,000 toricredits.
256x256 - 10,000 toricredits.
One texture set will be like 30-100 megabytes.
Wooo,that's harsh.
In my opinion,the sets with 512 pixel resolution will cost about 500k+
So people should be like millionaires for that...
But 1 problem,there is a huge quantity of 128x128 texture items that were bought...
It wont be a shock for me if 75% of market shops will have 128 resolution texture items.
Ah,for god sake,it is going to be so much work for the poor request makers.
*sigh*
All in all,its not a bad idea,though i don't really like it.
Sigh,i think that toribash v4.5 will have animation textures.
Oh gosh. This is going to end bad...
"Philosophy of mankind are pink dreams of a blue planet" ~Lexx
• มวยไทย •
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
512 TGA texts are 1meg, the compressed 512's are 64k - same file size as what we're already used to downloading.

I hope u r right but as u can see, for my workout for the templates it doesn't seem to fit.
Exported both (tga and png) as 512 x 512, tga's are 32bits/compressed also (maybe u use lower bits like 16 or 24):

Originally Posted by Lexx
All in all,its not a bad idea,though i don't really like it.

I think it's a good idea. I tried the 512-texture for me too (exported as tga with 512-size to my custom folder) and it looks ways better:

Last edited by ViperTech; Apr 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
They're run through a converter when uploaded so they have a uniform size depending on what the are.

512 with alpha channel = 1meg
512 without alpha = 768k
512 compressed with alpha = 64k
512 compressed without alpha = 52k

128 with alpha = 64k
128 without alpha = 48k

They'll be perfectly manageable for people with download caps. I do see your point with .png, it's a nice format (I use it for most things) and the file sizes are cool.

Dropping the colour depth can decrease size, the sizes I've given are for full RGB texts.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ok, so if the sizes for dl don't grow ugly big...let's go
The overblowing filesize was my biggest apprehension. I only used the output-possibilities that the tool gave me, no special converter or something like that.
Check my Soundcloud ;)