Toribash
Original Post
[REQ] Arm Wrestling Mod
Someone please, and i beg you please make an arm wrestling mod. This would be fun and interestingly difficult to play. I wish anyone who attempts this the best. Thanks in advanced.
KingChung's Moderated Message:
Came back. Game still dead... Been 10 years. Playerbase still toxic...
But if both Toris have the same strength, won't that make make the mod impossible for anyone to win?
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
I think it's a bad idea.

Originally Posted by Mack View Post
But if both Toris have the same strength, won't that make make the mod impossible for anyone to win?

Not if one player uses better technique. The player that utilizes lumbar, rotating chest, wrist etc to optimize pressure would not lose. Problem is, optimal technique would be quickly discovered and easily copied, leading to countless stalemates. The mod would be too restrictive to be competitive or fun. If toris had 50 or 100 different muscles you could manipulate, then arm-wrestling mod may have been viable, but not as it stands.

Something not too different that may work is a tug of war mod. There all of the joints would be involved, so techniques would be a lot more complex, and several equally viable strategies might be possible. I might sketch it up sometime to see if it would be worth it.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Something not too different that may work is a tug of war mod. There all of the joints would be involved, so techniques would be a lot more complex, and several equally viable strategies might be possible. I might sketch it up sometime to see if it would be worth it.

That or how about a 'scrum' (english not my mother tongue, that's the word wikipedia gave me), where both tori's are already pretty much engaged in the headlock position, and whoever manages to push (out of a dojo?) or make the other one fall down wins ?

The sumore mod (I believe you made, right?) would be perfect, the only thing to be done would be changing the starting positions.

This is what im talking about :
Glad to see people are looking into this. But i understand where the arm wrestling mod could result in countless stalemates. The scrum mod sounds pretty cool but isn't that basically aikido but bent over? i'm trash at aikido.
KingChung's Moderated Message:
Came back. Game still dead... Been 10 years. Playerbase still toxic...