Ranking
Originally Posted by HASSAN2000 View Post
Ok so you said ".....everything is going to disappear so why does it matter?" I can tell you that what you just stated is not only absolutely true but also goes against your point and supports mine. Everything WILL one day end and so, that gives you even MORE of a MOTIVE to go and do something great with your life because we can just keep in mind that, as you kindly said, "....Everything will end..." so we shouldn't take life for granted and treat it like it'll go on and on. Instead we should use it while we have it and make sure we have as nicer times as we can before 'Everything disappears'. For Example: If I told you that you had 10 days of your life left before you're taken from this world into death, what would you do?

Now hold on a moment. According to you, none of your actions matter ("...But why the fuck does it matter at all?") and based on this logic - in that 10 day period you have left, I can predict that all you will do is just sit down and do nothing. Because anything you accomplish in that 10 day period will be lost.....Right....?

THERE you see? Now after putting yourself in that situation you should be able to understand my train of thought. In your last 10 days you would want to enjoy yourself as much as you can because you were given life and you exist - why would you waste it? Life means being able to feel things; The 5 senses - Colours, Tastes, Music, Sounds, EVERY SINGLE Emotion - the feeling of accomplishment, the feeling of relief, the feeling of being cared for by another person, Love - That is what life is. You have life and therefore all of those great sensations and joys of existing are well within your reach! And you're asking why does it matter at all!? It matters because you're capable of achieving good things regardless of whether people will acknowledge it or not. And you're saying that "...No matter how much you touched peoples lives you won't be remembered..." So what if they don't remember you? Your GOAL in life is not to make people remember you is it? You're GOAL is to be greatful for the life you are blessed with by doing what you're capable of. Not like a spoilt teenager that gets everything they ever wanted and never even uses the stuff. You get given the opportunity to live; choosing to do nothing with it is just being ungrateful! And so that part of your argument can justify why we should in fact go out and do good things. If anything, that concept of everything disappearing should give us a sense of urgency to live amazing lives don't you think? Life itself is just the '10 Day' example on a larger scale.

Now I'm actually speaking like an atheist. I believe in God but the way I chose to present my opinion was nearing towards the none religious aspect. I just said it to establish the basics. NOW comes the actual PURPOSE.....

I believe life is a test; Not EXACTLY an exam because that would imply that you had time to prepare yourself for it - no, life is a test. Your decisions are the things that matter. At the end of everything, only the right people will end up with the reward and there will be NO injustice. God has given us role models in the past of what those 'Right People' look and behave like. Messengers that have only ever done good in this world and are still commemorated today by MILLIONS of people all at the same time in countless places of the World. You see I think that God is testing each and every one of us against the difficult times of life and it's a fair test as well. God hasn't just left us on Earth so we can somehow figure out ways of passing the test. No. God has most definitely implemented loads of things to guide us all and it's a case of whether we choose to ignore that guidance or accept it that determines who is allowed into Heaven and who is confined to Hell. So the meaning of life: Just like asking what's the point of a test? PURLY the test ALONE of course pointless - It's actually what happens AFTER the test that is of importance. But what happenes after the test is Pre-Determined by your perfomence in the test. So the meaning of Life is to get as sucessful as you can (Sucsess is how good of person you are) and if you are good enough you are rewarded with Heaven that will be EVER more enjoyable then the limits of joys that Life alone brings.

TLDR: Ignore the reason why we live, by stimulating are happy emotions + a lot of bullshit.
This is the type of guy that just preaches and rants, only to lose the reason
he was even talking in the first place.
Hey guys, I'm agnostic. I don't claim to know anything nor do possess any credentials to validate my hypothesis but nevertheless I will attempt an to answer honestly. In my opinion we are no different from the dust we walk on, In other words our purpose is the same as every spec of matter in the known universe. As i said this is just my opinion.
Originally Posted by XlightX View Post
Hey guys, I'm agnostic. I don't claim to know anything nor do possess any credentials to validate my hypothesis but nevertheless I will attempt an to answer honestly. In my opinion we are no different from the dust we walk on, In other words our purpose is the same as every spec of matter in the known universe. As i said this is just my opinion.

we are a little different...

we create two-dimensional memories that don't exist but do (complex as fuck, don't try to figure out) that would not exist if we weren't alive

also...

interesting scientific study:

someone weighed someone on the verge of death and waited until they died, and there weight went down when they died. This is apparently a proof of a scientifical soul (tbh it was probably a bullshit experiment but I th0t I'd mention it)
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
we are a little different...

we create two-dimensional memories that don't exist but do (complex as fuck, don't try to figure out) that would not exist if we weren't alive

also...

interesting scientific study:

someone weighed someone on the verge of death and waited until they died, and there weight went down when they died. This is apparently a proof of a scientifical soul (tbh it was probably a bullshit experiment but I th0t I'd mention it)

It was a bullshit experiment indeed. I guess that some water in the body evaporated + that they were sweating while dying. That's how he lost weight when he died, at least I assume.

The funny thing is, that somebody told me about this experiment today. Well, I didn't look it up yet, but it sounded like bullshit anyway.
Last edited by Gambi; May 30, 2016 at 05:59 PM.
Dust will evolve into a state where it is able to have memories under the correct conditions I believe so there is no difference again in my opinion.
Dust will evolve into a state where it is able to have memories under the correct conditions I believe so there is no difference again in my opinion.

I get your point, but what exactly does your oppinion tell us about the meaning of life? Let aside the fact that there is no definite anwser. I just mean what you said makes life meaningless again, but I might be thinking not objective enough.
Last edited by Gambi; May 30, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
we need more evidence, to suggest we even have a purpose beyond what is apparent.

And what is the apparent purpose of matter?

Dust has no ability to think, so at the very least I think we can conclude that humans have the capacity to create their own purpose, while dust does not.
The world is what you make of it. Your going to die regardless, and its the one thing that we cant beat. Might as well make the best of it while your here. Just know at the very end, you got nothing to lose except yourself and your sanity. Being here on earth means that you have restrictions, rules, and boundaries. The thing is its crazy. You could do anything you wanted. You could slap a random person for no reason at all. You could kiss your crush just to see what happens. Its a 2 way chance things could go. You make up your own existence, and everything you do has a reason. Just know even though that there's stars and other universes up there probably even other life. But even though that there's all that in our galaxy your on earth. You got your boundaries. You can follow the rules, live, eat, and continue with your daily routine. Or you can make up your own existence. You got nothing to lose at the end really.
[FONT=Impact] Tru$t No 1.
The earth spins at 1,040 mph, The earth orbits the sun at 30 km/s (67,000 mph), the sun shoots through space at 792,000 km/hr (483,000 miles per hour). Yet the constellations have stayed the exact same for around 3,000 years. The reason why we're still here, and why the constellations haven't budged. Are pretty much the same question. We don't know. It just does. You look at the sky and acknowledge your existence and go on with your life. The reason we're here we'll never know, I guess the point is to be happy that we're alive. Because living is existing, and death is nothing. People seek answers that don't exist. Seeing is believing and we'll never see the creation of the universe. Even if someone did create it or create us we'll never see them. Just be happy that you're alive now while you can. Cause there's no guarantee of life after death. Dying seems kinda permanent if you ask me. See the government and other world powers have ruined everything for us. Our ability to live and make what we want of it. The way we live now is why murder, rape, drug abuse, etc. happens. Instead of unity all we have is disorder. They want racism, different social groups. Goths, preps, jocks, nerds. anything they can do to divide us they're in. Shit even being a republican or a democrat devides us. They don't want us to get together just to look at them and say "Dude we don't need you to lead us. We can help ourselves." But it's already too late. They have their hands in everything. Electricity, Food supplies, Oil, schooling, MONEY. They've made us dependent on all of it. To the point of where there is no escape. They already own us. Life is pretty much shit if you ask me. Instead of smaller concentration camps they got us in huge organized ones. Got our faces glued to television screens, moniters, cell phones. We have to work to stay alive. Do people seriously not see all of this happening on a daily basis? We're being fucked in the ass, and you're giving the thumbs up and smiling about it like "YEA, THIS IS GREAT." Seriously? Life was taken from us a long time ago, that's why we're searching for it.

<[elite]Kozmonaut> I fucked myself
<(AOG)Darkhorsepyro>You ever had peanutbutter and coolwhip sandwiches?
<[elite]Kosmonaut> Bent my dick and fucked myself