Toribash
Original Post
an end to water pollution?
a recent graduate of the college of wooster in ohio has just made an amazing discovery. he's created small particles he calls "Ozorb" (ozone + obsorb). when demonstrating the ability of these particles, he presents a solution of gasoline mixed with water. he pours in the Ozorb, stirs them around, and they float to the top. he simply skims it off the top, and drinks the water. its 100% pure. gasoline and other non-water liquids stick to the Ozorb, and cause it to float to the top.

consider the possibilities. this stuff can be made at a very low price, and could most likely filter out a section of a lake where there was an oil spill, or turn ocean water into pure water. best of all, it can be heated up, so anything on it falls off, and it can be reused.

dont believe it? fine, don't post. I saw it myself and it does work. do believe it? tell us what you think
Ozone is already used to purify water. It's probably better than this Ozorb anyway.

(It even purifies things that actually mix with water, btw.)
Last edited by Pirate_old; Feb 5, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Originally Posted by Bjjwannabe View Post
Gasoline does NOT mix with water. Gasoline floats to the surface of the water already.

If that was true alot of kids in africa, and ocean animals would still be alive.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
If that was true alot of kids in africa, and ocean animals would still be alive.

Petrol (Gasoline) is a form of an oil. Oils do not mix with water. What happens is that the petrol forms a layer on top of the water. Not only does this block sunlight, but anything that touches the layer will be covered in the oil. The main problem with an oil spill is that it spreads over a large amount of area. I assume that this Obsorb mixes with the gasoline to make it easier to remove the gasoline.
Last edited by Bjjwannabe; Feb 5, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
[r]aid
If this is true a lot of Ozorb will have to be made.
also who will Clean the Residue from the Ozorb that floats to the top?
sad but true:no matter how helpful a technology is, it will never be used until some big company can make big money with it.(example:try to find out how long there are water fuel based cars available, and what has happened to the inventors)
the industry shits on starving kids in africa, if theres no money for them to get, cause there are people working, which are formed by the system.
this system teaches them do do whatever it takes to make their own lives as easy/good as it can get, even on costs of other people, not realising that they harm theirselves with this kind of thinking, because other peole will harm them to be happy.this is a neverending story, which will oneday lead the world to an end...i know that there are also many people who have good intentions and have managed to get out of this ring of jealousy and hate, but there are unfortunately not enough people to make a REAL differ...even the fact that im writing this, instead of trying to really help somebody,makes me part of this evil-system.
every human which is a victim of this society/system/etc. will instanly know what i mean.so to put this to an end:i think of course this is a great invention, but you will NEVER see this in a nearer future to be widely used by the people who needs it the most...maybe by some water clearance companys to lower their costs or something, but not to save lives FOR FREE....(anybody who now thinks:fuck you,why should any dehydrated kid/Adult should get something for free?:Thx for keeping this e-system running;)
^Im german and i know that there are maybe a ton of grammar and spelling fails´s in this text:sorry, but i hope you understand my opinionXD
.....German Underground
Originally Posted by Joeseph View Post
sad but true:no matter how helpful a technology is, it will never be used until some big company can make big money with it.(example:try to find out how long there are water fuel based cars available, and what has happened to the inventors)
the industry shits on starving kids in africa, if theres no money for them to get, cause there are people working, which are formed by the system.
this system teaches them do do whatever it takes to make their own lives as easy/good as it can get, even on costs of other people, not realising that they harm theirselves with this kind of thinking, because other peole will harm them to be happy.this is a neverending story, which will oneday lead the world to an end...i know that there are also many people who have good intentions and have managed to get out of this ring of jealousy and hate, but there are unfortunately not enough people to make a REAL differ...even the fact that im writing this, instead of trying to really help somebody,makes me part of this evil-system.
every human which is a victim of this society/system/etc. will instanly know what i mean.so to put this to an end:i think of course this is a great invention, but you will NEVER see this in a nearer future to be widely used by the people who needs it the most...maybe by some water clearance companys to lower their costs or something, but not to save lives FOR FREE....(anybody who now thinks:fuck you,why should any dehydrated kid/Adult should get something for free?:Thx for keeping this e-system running;)
^Im german and i know that there are maybe a ton of grammar and spelling fails´s in this text:sorry, but i hope you understand my opinionXD

yes, im with you, peolpe wont change, and we all know that. Maybe some ignorant wont.
And yes, nobody is going to do so for free all this. Everything for money. It never ends. As you said its a never ending story.
lol wut
Well if this is real, why don't they distribute it to all the poor countrys, you said it was cheap and easy to make.....

It's a spy!
Something about busses:D
*SigPic*