Ranking
Original Post
Problem with adding a person on Steam
Well, I'm trying to add a person on Steam, and it says: "Error adding friend. Please try again." I've searched it up a bit on Google, but haven't found a solution. We both have not blocked each other, and we both have the same problem. Any ideas on what is causing this? Thanks.
Originally Posted by vyktorkun
"okay, just try this, go to their profile and block them, after you do that unblock them and add them again, it SHOULD be fixed, that's how i fixed that problem "

From the steam forums
Use your browser to add him, not the steam application, that should work in 90% of the cases (www.steampowered.com) and go to community, his profile and add him from there, you obviously have to be logged in from there too.
Here i should post something witty if i had something, which i dont.
I tried to use the browser, and it didn't work. Tried using another account, and the "Add Friend" button worked! He claims to have accepted it, but I don't see him anywhere in my friends list, and when I try to add him, it says "Error adding friend. Please try again." Sigh, I made a deal with him and he owes me some things. Do you think he might have blocked me? ._.
He or you might have a full list of friends.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
The max is 250, 300 if you link your facebook.

Can you message him through your account or do you have to use a different account to message him?
8-)
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
The max is 250, 300 if you link your facebook.

Can you message him through your account or do you have to use a different account to message him?

The max increases as you go higher in level on Steam(5 friend slots per level). 96 friends should never be an issue though.