Toribash
Original Post
Tell me why you love aikido big dojo
I like aikido big dojo and this been one of my most played mods out of toribash.
Well, It contains skill more than much other mods, So it's fair to fight or duel someone in it.
and it's pretty famous? maybe.
I like aikidobigdojo because i like aikido. But whenever playing aikido, it's a real problem with WAPOW and KAPOW always being there. So, in abd the ring is bigger and its harder for lifter to take you out on a date. also, it's a pretty skill based mod. And i've gotten 10kqi from this mod
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
dojo is bigger, so I have more space/freedom to execute different moves, specially striking things. I don't tend to strike in aikido, gk or any other variation.

plus, matches last longer than in tradictional aikido; even though there are tripods and all that stuff, but I don't really care. it's one of the only mods I can play for a long time without getting bored, really.
Last edited by Arctic; Nov 14, 2015 at 12:02 AM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
I make money from it occasionally.
It was, and still is, the most popular mod for gambling.

I enjoy comebacks in this mod more than others personally.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Well, even though cheese tactics are still present in ABD (kicklifting, force suplexes etc), you always have a chance to counter these things even as they're happening.

You're never powerless to stop your opponent from winning the game; unless you've been dm'd, you're never too far behind.

Contrast this to say, lenshu3ng. The problem with this mod (and nograb mods in general) is that if your opponent decides to go full tryhard, if he gets a point lead, he can just keep running from you indefinitely. Failing that, it's been basically proven at this point that camping in a striking position and letting your opponent come to you always gives you the advantage. So for probably all nograb mods, it can feel extremely unfair and basically pointless to even continue playing when your opponent cheeses you. Mods like these simply don't feel competitive: they require both players to be nice to each other! Add onto this toribash's somewhat opaque scoring system, and mods like these just become frustrating at best. Comeback potential is just too low.

This is also why I can't say I'm a fan of taekkyon. The amount of tk games which are over before even half the frames are through is just too high. Add onto this the way bruising and dms work in toribash (which is NOT obvious), and you're in for 2 minutes of frustration/confusion.

I'm not saying these mods can't be fun. With friends or just nice opponents, you can make sick plays and have a great time in most mods. But at a competitive level, they just fall short.

Nograb mods DO make the best replays, though.

All these scenarios imagine both players to be of equal skill.

I can't understand why people dislike aikido mods. Mostly all I can get from people is that they don't want to use the same moves over. I find this line of argument redundant considering the amount of different outcomes that even a basic 'noob clap' can generate.
Last edited by Fear; Nov 14, 2015 at 03:06 AM.
I like aikido big dojo because of the fact that there are usually a lot of good players who play in those servers, and I always like to look for a challenge.

Other than that I hate the mod due to lifts which ruins the fun for a lot of people.

also bet servers are a good way to win tc, so I guess that counts as a reason.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
I like aikido big dojo because of the fact that there are usually a lot of good players who play in those servers, and I always like to look for a challenge.

Other than that I hate the mod due to lifts which ruins the fun for a lot of people.

also bet servers are a good way to win tc, so I guess that counts as a reason.

Aikido big dojo would be better for countering lifts then aikido, but I get what you're saying as aikido in a whole.

Big dojo, funner moments.
Nothing wrong with abd as a mod itself.
But the cheese moves people use in it like point holding, lifting out of the dojo, tripodding... don't really like those things.
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Nov 17, 2015 at 03:45 AM.

i am a bird now - Lil B