Ranking
Original Post
Uke-bot
Right, so you started playing with the scripts. Tried random.lua, but he looks like he's having a seizure, tried my former one, with delayed randoms, yet still, he doesn't do anything much...

http://jok.novahost.org/temp/ukebot.zip

NEW!

I have added a better learning mechanism. No longer random joints, but a selective algorythm, that cycles through the joints and changes them if they are supposed to. It then learns if it actually hits the enemy.

Extract the rar into [path]/toribash 2.6-beta1/data/script, and select the script from the Scripts menu in-game. If the bot only changes its grip state, or simply doesn't move, except hold all, restart the match, the randomizer wouldn't start for some reason.

What I'm going to add:

Whatever gets suggested.

If anyone wishes to modify the script, at least give me credit and post it in this topic. Thanks.

Original post

Well, then. Try my new one. It has a (very) basic learning AI. 

The way it works, is that it has a randomizer. If through a modification of his old best try (at first being hold all) it scores more than 2000 points, it records that new move, and starts modifying that. If he takes 2000 damage, the new move is erased to the old best.

What he learned doesn't carry over after you quit the game, due to limitations placed by hampa (as security, though a bit harsh), so I can't make .txt files to store everything.

Link: http://jok.novahost.org/temp/botnn.rar

Comments, suggestions, ideas go here.
Re: Uke-bot
This is nice.... Would it be possible to edit it to make it so uke never grabs? I wanna try using the bot with some of the mods, most of the mods aren't very good if you grab.
Open up botnn.lua in notepad and find:

set_grip_info(1, BODYPARTS.L_HAND, math.random(0,2))

change into

--set_grip_info(1, BODYPARTS.L_HAND, math.random(0,2))

Do the same for the other set_grip command.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
veb is right.

Also, as long as I don't have io, as it's disabled, I'll be very limited in what I can do.

I may try a new kind of bot, that doesn't learn, but, even so...without io, I can store nothing. >.< I'll have to hardcode everything with arrays. -_-
Originally Posted by SSJokker
veb is right.

Also, as long as I don't have io, as it's disabled, I'll be very limited in what I can do.

I may try a new kind of bot, that doesn't learn, but, even so...without io, I can store nothing. >.< I'll have to hardcode everything with arrays. -_-

I heard the devs might make it so you can only read/write/overwrite to ONLY the scripts/ directory.

don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Originally Posted by veb

I heard the devs might make it so you can only read/write/overwrite to ONLY the scripts/ directory.

Great, that will fix a lot of stuff. (Bot brain sharing, anyone?)

Also,I'm wondering. If you can write to the scripts directory...you could modify Lua scripts directly. That would mean better adaptive learning? Hmm. *goes and makes design*