Toribash
Original Post
Little programming requests
So, I very recently started learning C language by using an online tutorial . It's in French but if you're willing to check out the code to see where I'm at, I got to this page so far. To summarise, I know how to create variables, how to display and scan things, how to add conditions and how to loop.

What I'd like to ask you is to give me program indications that I could use as exercice, I think it would be more challenging if the ideas didn't come from myself. Don't suggest anything if you don't know anyting about programming.
I'd also like to know of any open source programs written in C or C++ that I could check out, it doesn't matter how complicated they are, I could keep them for future reference.

Thanks for your time.
I used to work in Borland C++ when I was in 6th and 7th grade...

You could try to do a program that calculates the square root of a number. I knew how to do it but I kinda forgot now...

Or one to check if a given number is prime...

And, you learned about vectors and matrices?
Proud member of [Pandora]
I didn't mean IDE programs, just some random ones so I can check out their source codes.
Also, the prime thing looks cool. I'll do it when I get bored of what I'm doing right now, thanks.
http://projecteuler.net/ is great fun if you want to delve into the more math computational side of things.

If you're looking to do something graphical, pong can be done in a weekend if you're just learning.

If you want to stay on the command line side of things, try some text-rpgs, or grab curses and do a rudimentary roguelike.

Also don't forget that we have a toribash lua api if you arent one of us who're too lazy to do anything nifty.

Also I know you're in irc quite a bit, drop by #programming, and don't mind jalis, he gets cranky when he doesn't get his milk.
Last edited by Eleeleth; Mar 11, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Hah, I never thought of dropping by that channel, I'll try to remember to check it out next time.
That's a very cool site you linked, that's exactly what I had in mind when I made th thread. Also, I'm still working in terminal so the graphic part will be for later but the text-rpg sounds interesting.