Ranking
Original Post
Graphics Card
My current graphics card right now is Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB DDR2

Its sucks thats why im overlocking it right now.

Im planning to buy a new graphics card wich is 1 GB GDDR 5 (I forgot the name, also Nvidia)My computer is ddr2, will the gddr 5 be compatibe with my computer, I mean I don't know what gddr 5 means. Help
yes, all you need is a pci-e 16x port on your motherboard, enough power for the new card and the proper drivers for the card and it will work
You don't say?
Well since you have the 8400, a new card will fit, unless it's a crazy long one and your case is puny.

You just have to worry about your power supply. How many watts is it, and what new graphics card? 1gb GDDR5 doesn't really narrow it down by much, or even come close to telling us the card and its power requirements.

Don't worry about gddr5 compatibility. It doesn't matter what ram you use in your computer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
hmm, I forgot the name of the card but its Palit.
I will check the store when my mom gets her salary.
By the way, Avatar the game lags at my computer, if I buy a new graphics card will it not lag?
edit: How do I check the watts? Open my computer?

EDIT:Oh, shit, sorry, it's GeForce 9800GT Green 1GB (1024MB GDDR3)

http://www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=1194
Last edited by Doomjoshua; Jan 16, 2011 at 04:41 AM.
There are many many reasons why a game could lag;
- Graphics card
- Sound card (My friends computer had a shitty sound card and that was causing low framerates, ikr)
- RAM
- CPU

You need to check the MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS of the game, and see what needs to be better.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Could I play wheelman on my pc
I do not care about gta 4 , All I want is this Wheelman Game!!!!!!!!!

2GB ddr2
Pentium 4 2.7 Ghz
8400 GS (upgrading soon)
Windows 7 Ultimate
msi motherboard
You need to check the MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS of the game, and see what needs to be better.

When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."