Toribash
Original Post
Sony Vegas Rendering question
Hello,
As the title suggests i have a question about the rendering process with vegas. I have just finished my first TB video and am anxious to post it/put it on youtube. But whenever i click make movie, it does it, but the result is less than satisfactory. It is unbelievably jittery with an appauling fram rate. Do you know of a way to prevent this?
Also what is meant by the term 'rendering' in this case?
Thanks for your time whoever answers this.
EDIT: ok now the video itself (when im on the editing screen) has a really low frame rate, when it was running perfectly fine last night. i didnt do anything, it just randomly slowed. I guess i'll need help to get that fixed aswell =/
Last edited by Erth; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Do you have HD render settings? if not go search youtube.

And when your on sony vegas the preview screen gets laggier when you add more effects, if you wanna have a little preview then u can do pre-rendering
Hold over the part you want so it becomes blue and press shift + B and it should pre-render it and the previewing isnt laggy.
no no no...
you should make a selection on everything in the video!
then click Render as, I usually use .wmv extensions and save it as an 1080 HD video!
I'm sure it will 100% work if you make a selection on the whole video.
◕ ‿‿ ◕
Originally Posted by kareem98 View Post
no no no...
you should make a selection on everything in the video!
then click Render as, I usually use .wmv extensions and save it as an 1080 HD video!
I'm sure it will 100% work if you make a selection on the whole video.

^ That, cept don't waste the processing power on 1080p, unless you're watching it on a 42" or larger screen you'll not see any difference. 720p is the ideal one.

Videos should be rendered at the same resolution they were recorded anyway, so look under the preview frame & it'll tell you what resolution you should render to. Never render up - it'll turn into pixelated crap.

Oh, and with .wmv keep the quality slider somewhere between 80% - 100% or it'll look like crap.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you