Ranking
Original Post
Help creating a new opener
It's been a while since I last played this, and I've got 30 or so more matches 'till I hit Black belt.
The opener I use (the one I remember) is becoming more and more innefective, specially against more experienced players.

I usually find that it works decently against newbs, sometimes even splitting, and dm'ing them, but the pro's seem to counter it and get me faster.
It's basically a kick with one leg, other leg supports and jumps forward/up, one arm grabs torso, other goes up to aid with rotation/momentum.

So, anyway, I need a new opener. I was watching a replay from NutHug sparring with someone, perfect control, and it inspired me, so I started playing around with uke, messing around with relax and hold balancing, wich lead to some cool stuff. The only problem is it takes me a long time to control each part if I try to mix relax with hold and force, it's really great for balance and momentum, but I can't do it fast enough.

So what tips do you have for creating a new starter? Do you start by modifying an existing opener? or start from scratch?
I tend to play Judo the most, but I have tried most mods, I just don't practice them.
right now im focusing on uppercuts, where i relax everything the drop to the ground and come up and hit them somewhere. i'd say you should start relaxing more at the begining i use openers for windups then second frames for the punch
Originally Posted by jessebean View Post
right now im focusing on uppercuts, where i relax everything the drop to the ground and come up and hit them somewhere. i'd say you should start relaxing more at the begining i use openers for windups then second frames for the punch

That would leave you exposed at the first frames, no? Or do you find that people tend to miss kicks/punches if you crouch?
People aim for the head in sambo? Idiots.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
People aim for the head in sambo? Idiots.

people in my tourneys too saved 8k by playing in them

but with judo i usually do stuff with my hips and ankles
Last edited by JesseBean; Sep 4, 2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: to be less off topic
Originally Posted by jessebean View Post
everyone aims at your head, so if you fall they miss

everyone does not aim for your head -.-
I had a wet dream about you last night. You fell off a skyscraper, and I pissed myself laughing.